Islandlife’s sct410 2.0

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New shoes showed up. Giving the jconcepts choppers a try, looks like they’ll work pretty good in my fall/winter conditions.

IMG_2829.jpeg

IMG_2827.jpeg

Last edited:
The inaugural box of electrons has been depleted! Still waiting on my servo to show up, so just running a spare 35kg dsservo for now.

IMG_2840.jpeg

Yeah that truck looks amazing. I want that body shell or the jconcepts for my .3
I was planning on the jconcepts hi-flow body, but the hobby shop only had this proline one in store. I like the look of the jconcepts one a bit better

I still can't believe you were unhappy with that body, I love it! :thumbs-up:
Unhappy is maybe a bit harsh haha.
I'm just not 100% stoked with the way the rear of this body is shaped. Front and side profile are great, and I'm sure the performance will be good. Also, really wanted the pink to be purple like the can of paint i bought said it would be haha.
I'm starting to learn that paint tests are pretty key with light and flourescent colours.

Unhappy is maybe a bit harsh haha.
I'm just not 100% stoked with the way the rear of this body is shaped. Front and side profile are great, and I'm sure the performance will be good. Also, really wanted the pink to be purple like the can of paint i bought said it would be haha.
I'm starting to learn that paint tests are pretty key with light and flourescent colours.
Ah, in that case maybe back it with blue next time?

Ah, yes. That first run of a new RC with newly painted body is always the hardest to overcome for me. islandlife, I love that muck still clinging to the body shot. Putting all that time and effort into "the build"... you kind of just want to sit back and enjoy that "new car smell" for awhile, but it's killing you to see what she can do. After the initial dirtying, scratches, and scars are put on the new RC, the second run is almost always more enjoyable for me... GAME ON!

... just have to shorten the motor leads and change the esc plug to ec5. (140a HW max10 esc comes with a xt60?? Seems to small to me)...
I would have no problem running 3S packs on XT60 connectors. Heck, we used to run 4s and Deans T-plugs on 1/8th scale buggies. 4S LiPo batteries used to come with Deans T-plugs as "standard equipment" .... highly frowned upon nowadays since we have many options.

I really need to get out my watt/amp meter and do some testing on motor draw. Now that I've gone to low profile bullets on most of my RCs, I use the meter almost never. Too much trouble, I guess, to unsolder/solder meter to get some readings.

I would have no problem running 3S packs on XT60 connectors. Heck, we used to run 4s and Deans T-plugs on 1/8th scale buggies. 4S LiPo batteries used to come with Deans T-plugs as "standard equipment" .... highly frowned upon nowadays since we have many options.

I really need to get out my watt/amp meter and do some testing on motor draw. Now that I've gone to low profile bullets on most of my RCs, I use the meter almost never. Too much trouble, I guess, to unsolder/solder meter to get some readings.
@RustyUs you need some kind of amp clamp, the stuff I use daily would be way too cumbersome for practical use. Field piece has a nice meter that links up to an app so you can get amps on a furnace fan behind its door for a real reading or whatever, but having 8” of meter bouncing around while you drive your bestie through the dirt would be very impractical! I have often thought of a very small Bluetooth amp meter to get real time readings, I don’t know of one but they could be on amazon, the Chinese production salesman

Had the tekno out for some laps today.
Having a bit of a problem with high temps on the esc. 3200kv motor, was running a 19t pinion, have now gone to 17t. Hottest part of the esc is 170F when it cuts out after a few minutes. Running 3s pack at 80%power on the dual rate.
I would think thats a plenty small enough pinion for this setup, but maybe I'm out to lunch 🤷‍♂️

Also notice my front left tire is going all balloony on me. Anyone know why this happens?
First pic is front left, second is front right

Attachments

• IMG_3374.jpeg
    IMG_3374.jpeg
    303.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3375.jpeg
    IMG_3375.jpeg
    299 KB · Views: 2
Had the tekno out for some laps today.
Having a bit of a problem with high temps on the esc. 3200kv motor, was running a 19t pinion, have now gone to 17t. Hottest part of the esc is 170F when it cuts out after a few minutes. Running 3s pack at 80%power on the dual rate.
I would think thats a plenty small enough pinion for this setup, but maybe I'm out to lunch 🤷‍♂️

Also notice my front left tire is going all balloony on me. Anyone know why this happens?
First pic is front left, second is front right
That was the g3? Stuff right? 3665 motor or something? Doesn’t sound like it should be getting hot like that. Not sure what is going on there.

The foam in there is all twisted. 💪 that truck killed it!

I dig those tires! I need another set of 2 so I can put them on my 410.3. Do you like them?

Last edited:
That was the g3? Stuff right? 3665 motor or something? Doesn’t sound like it should be getting hot like that. Not sure what is going on there.

The foam in there is all twisted. 💪 that truck killed it!

I dig those tires! I need another set of 2 so I can put them on my 410.3. Do you like them?
Ya 140a g2 max10 and 3665 g3 3200kv

Just FYI: the Tekno build manual recommends a 13T or 14T pinion with a 3200KV motor running on 3S. Are you using the stock 41T spur?

I'm using a 3900kv motor on 2S with 18T / 41T gears.

Just FYI: the Tekno build manual recommends a 13T or 14T pinion with a 3200KV motor running on 3S. Are you using the stock 41T spur?

I'm using a 3900kv motor on 2S with 18T / 41T gears.
Well that could be it right there! Dont know how i didnt catch that!
I am using the kit supplied spur.
I guess ill have to get one of the other motor mounts and some smaller pinions coming.
Ill give it a go on 2s tomorrow and see what the temps are.

I have the max10SCT with 3660 3100kv with a 17t pinion but it’s a 410.3 not your 2.0 so, I admit I don’t know what the spur gear is.
Good call on checking the manual.