Is this normal and can i fix them

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OUknow21

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Well I've had my wonderful mini revo for less then 3 days and one of the tires is ripping away from the rim. I noticed it today after I ran my 4th pack through it. I've been running only the stock 1200mah battery that came with it, lipos will be here in about a week, so its a pitiful battery compared to what the truck can handle and its a single 1 so its only for 10 minutes tops. Is this common with these wheels and tires? And can I glue it back so I can still run till the new ones get here? Pictures coming

It's fairly common for tires to not be fully glued to the rims on a new rig. Should be on the list of things to check and do like checking all of the screws and putting loc-tite on screws that go into metal. If it's the tire itself ripping you're pretty much screwed.

20210521_123149.jpg
20210521_123222.jpg

Its hard to tell if it's the tire or the just the glue without pushing open which i feel could make it worse. Is there any tire glue thats like the best? And will I need to completely clean all the old glue off and unmount the tire to get it to seal properly.

I normally just clean around the area where it let go with DA, then put a drop of CA glue there and let it cure. Kind of something you have to do frequently with brushless trucks. Especially if it's geared high/fast and you like doing flips and whatnot in the air.

On my big 6S trucks, I wrap my tires with 550lb kevlar cord so they don't balloon and explode. This also keeps them from ripping off the rims.

it looks like glue to me reglue tires to rims.

Back