is there any other brand of paint that will work on lexan bodies?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ausher

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Other than rc lexan specific paint? Something I can find at wall mart or auto zone? Like dupont car paint that comes in pre mixed spray cans from auto zone.

I don't want to order paint and pay outrages shipping and my hobby shop is never open when I can get to go....

No foolin? If so I'll give it a whirl...

I shoot mine with waterborne automotive paint and have no problems at all. I do put a few nice fat coats of clear over it all to protect it but it seems to hold just fine. I would assume any automotive paint will work but I have never tried anything other than the waterborne. I only use it cause I shoot it on a daily basis and I can mix up any color I want.

Krylon works.

No it doesn't. The only Krylon I have been able to use successfully on lexan was the Krylon Ultra flat, that I painted on the outside of bodies when I wanted that flat black look. Regular Krylon, even fusion, will crack and chip off the body quickly.

Whoa! Thanks for that info. I've used several of the ultra flats and I thought all the Krylon paints worked the same.

Sorry about the wrong info, ausher. I hope you're not in the hardware store right now. :\

I was going to go with flat anyways. I'll make sure its ultra flat. Paint it on the inside will be gloss on the outside. Was going for a two tone with flat black on the outside.

I don't want to order paint and pay outrages shipping and my hobby shop is never open when I can get to go....

Depends on who you order from. AmainHobbies.com does not charge for shipping on any order over $25.

Depends on who you order from. AmainHobbies.com does not charge for shipping on any order over $25.

I didn't think of ordering from amain because I'm addicted to ordering from eBay. I ordered the trenchers from amain because of the free shipping. I'll remember to check amain out when I order a body.

i'v used Testors model spray paint for my lids and it has worked well for me.

Do you have an airbrush? you could always go to Michaels and buy some createx paints, they are very similar to parma faskolor paints, and will work fine.

+1 NC. I've used the Creatix and have had no real problems.

Yea I got a few airbrushes. Just doing a simple paint job tho.

Back