Is the Kyosho GT2 inferno twice as good as the FW06?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lmow20

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey dudes,

The 1/8 onroad Kyosho GT2 inferno is a lot more expensive than the 1/10 size FW06. Clearly one's bigger than the other. Is the GT2 worth twice the FW06 from a fun and bashing perspective? I already have an HPI Rs4 Nitro (three actually) and I am toying with picking up the GT2. Is it worth all the money??

Also deserving a mention is the Hobao Hyper VT which is a cheaper 1/8 option - but I dont particularly care for the body that much...

What do you say about this?

I would say yes, and the gt3 by Kyosho even better. They are pricey but man a beautiful nitro to have in your collection for sure. I am planning on building one by the end of the year. Cheers

Hey dudes,

The 1/8 onroad Kyosho GT2 inferno is a lot more expensive than the 1/10 size FW06. Clearly one's bigger than the other. Is the GT2 worth twice the FW06 from a fun and bashing perspective? I already have an HPI Rs4 Nitro (three actually) and I am toying with picking up the GT2. Is it worth all the money??

Also deserving a mention is the Hobao Hyper VT which is a cheaper 1/8 option - but I dont particularly care for the body that much...

What do you say about this?
Hey it’s clueless racer I think I have a GT two touring I’ve had it for like 9years now maybe I got to drive it for like 1 hour fell in love though it was stupid fastifs the one with .28 I called myself rebuilding it but that didn’t work can anybody recommend another engineer might go good with this car I bought a dynamite .26 but was told that it’s a truck engine and it can’t be used with the car is that true ?

For bashing, the GT series will have a big advantage because of its ground clearance and "full plate" chassis, while the FW-06 has a very svelte racing chassis with lots of big holes that let rocks in.

The GT is derived from the Inferno buggy (basically just different suspension arms and a body) while the FW-06 is a purpose-built onroad racer, so it's more delicate, though not as much as the V-Ones with their belt drives.

Hey it’s clueless racer I think I have a GT two touring I’ve had it for like 9years now maybe I got to drive it for like 1 hour fell in love though it was stupid fastifs the one with .28 I called myself rebuilding it but that didn’t work can anybody recommend another engineer might go good with this car I bought a dynamite .26 but was told that it’s a truck engine and it can’t be used with the car is that true ?
There is no reason you can't use the .26.

Back