Is the "Dynamite Passport P1 Mini" a good, affordable, no frills charger?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_RC_Dude

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi guys, I found the charger above on a second-hand site for $13, the seller says it's "hardly used", comes with a deans bannana plug. Best I could tell fromm my quick search is that the average price for it is ~$60, so it seems like a great deal. Is it good, and would it be a nice upgrade from my SkyRC E3 ($20 budget balance chargers, does 2-3s, it's my current charger also my first balance charger)? It has a simple screen, and apparently it can do pretty much all the batterie types used in RC (LiPo, LiFe, LiHv, NiMh, and NiCad for anyone who still uses NiCad 🤣🤣), and storage charge, which is a function that would be super handy for me. It can charge packs at 2c-4c, which is nice though I'll keep it on the 2c charge rate. So does anyone have this, and would you guys recommend I pick this up for $13?
Thanks in advance everyone!

Edit: Oh, and as you could probably tell, I'm not in the market for a top-of-the-line high performance smart charger that has all the bells and whistles, I'm just looking for an affordable (RC stuff really adds up, even when you're trying not to go all out...$20 there, $10 here, $45 there...), good basic charger for my two 2s packs (1500mah BTW, so they charge decently quick even on a 1a charge rate).

I had an onyx charger 2009-2019. Loved it but the button went out eventually.

The p1 was the replacement. I had nothing but issues. 20 runs it was good, all the rest of the time, its not reading the lipo or circuit droping out or one more issue I can't remember. The lcd also moved around inside, but that could have been me accidentally dropping it a time or three. It could have been an isolated incident, or a whole batch, I can't tell you.

I replaced it with the onyx kx80 and so good so far. Before 2009, I used a nimh dynamite charger with good luck.

For $13 I probably would. Better then the 60+ I paid.

Get it, if it fails, it’s no big deal since it was so cheap.

The p1 was the replacement. I had nothing but issues. 20 runs it was good, all the rest of the time, its not reading the lipo or circuit droping out or one more issue I can't remember. The lcd also moved around inside, but that could have been me accidentally dropping it a time or three. It could have been an isolated incident, or a whole batch, I can't tell you.

I replaced it with the onyx kx80 and so good so far. Before 2009, I used a nimh dynamite charger with good luck.

Oh, so you had lots of issues with the P1? 😢😢 I think I'm gonna go for it, it's very cheap (dare I say dirt cheap, but some people don't like that saying), and I really hope I found a hidden gem here. Google maps says it'd be an 80 minute round trip there (the seller that it, that's how far away they are from us) and back to get it, may swing by if we're in the area, or just ship it. Gotta make sure if it's the priority thing first, since there's lots of other RC stuff I want that I don't wan tot forget...

Last edited:
Oh, so you had lots of issues with the P1? 😢😢 I think I'm gonna go for it, it's very cheap (dare I say dirt cheap, but some people don't like that saying), and I really hope I found a hidden gem here. Google maps says it'd be an 80 minute round trip there and back to get it, may swing by if we're in the area, or just ship it. Gotta make sure if it's the priority thing first, since there's lots of other RC stuff I want that I don't wan tot forget...
It’s cheaper than a bag of dirt for me!

It’s cheaper than a bag of dirt for me!
lol! Dirt isn't always cheap...ironic, huh? As a MTBer (Mountain Biker), we're more observant of dirt types that most people, because different types of dirt make an impact on how a trail rides and how your tires grip to it. Clay dirt is really good, as it packs down very hard, drains well (I think that's due to the fact that it has a little bit of sand in it IIRC), and rides well. Clay can be found naturally, or bought. Anyway, I'm totally geeking out here 🥱😬 lol

Does concern me somewhat that you had those issues, but if all else fails I could just use it as a discharger for my LiPos, as I don't have anything that fills that roll RN

Does concern me somewhat that you had those issues, but if all else fails I could just use it as a discharger for my LiPos, as I don't have anything that fills that roll RN
Any luck with it? I wouldnt be too concerned for that price. Everything made will have lemons and failures. Some more than others.

I found a few people reporting, but not like the failure rate of a certain rc company that produces aluminum parts.