Is my TNX 5.2R engine dying?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken4

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Whenever I do a bad jump and it lands badly upside down, the engine stalls. It never use to do that. And I have trouble restarting it when the engine is hot. But if I let it cool for 20mins, it restarts easy. It also starts easily if the engine is completely cold. I use a new plug every session and fresh fuel but it doesn't help. I lube my engine with after-run oil after every session too. And change new air filter. Is my engine dying? It's been about 2 gallons of fuel. Engine temps are never above 250F.

What do you consider landing badly? How long does it stay on its back before it dies?

Do you put filter oil on your air filter?

To me (but maybe just to me) the hot starting issue smells like a new piston and sleeve may be the word of the day? How is compression?
The upside down issue I couldn't address, to little experience with bad landings.. LOL

Yes I oil my filters correctly.

When I say I land badly, I mean the truck jumps the usual humps on the RC track but ends up tumbling, sommersault and lands on its back. The engine then stalls and is very hard to restart. Never use to be like this.

How do I check compression?

it may be getting old. but if you havent noticed a huge difference in power yet it may be ok. other then that I'm not sure.. um dont flip over lol j/k

mine did the exact same thig all i did was check/adjust the LSN the idle it up with the idle screw worked fine ever since.

try this, witht the engine running and at temp, pinch the fuel line. You should run for about 3-5 seconds before dying out. That is a quick and simple way to check you lsn setting.

Well I tried adjusting the LSN and HSN but it still doesn't help. So I ended up adjusting the idle screw and make it idle fast, so now when my truck flips, it can't stall.

thats what i was saying because after break in you will be idling low.