Is it worth installing failsafe units if not racing ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

novak

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i am not racing, or not ready yet for another year or 2 ,(just bashing around) is it still important you think to install failsafe units - i see ads everywhere - for low voltage, for low battery, for high temp.... ?
and if yes how do you install it ? it seems like we have to remove somehow the servo units and plug it in and also to the receiver...? is it correct ?

Of course. You wouldn't want your car to drive off on its own and crash would you? Anyways, you basically plug in the servo into the fail safe and the fail safe into the receiver.

Of course. You wouldn't want your car to drive off on its own and crash would you? Anyways, you basically plug in the servo into the fail safe and the fail safe into the receiver.

and also program the failsafe.

I have ran for over a year without one and never had any bad luck . But i would still recommend putting one on . I think i just jinxed myself at the same time . :stick: I think i should maybe pick one up myself. Better safe than sorry .

and also program the failsafe.
Oh really? Mine just goes back to the original settings I set on the remote, but I guess you can do that with other fail-safes.

All failsafe's must be programed the first time you use them.

They will default to a certain position if you don't program them. With some this means at least some brake will be applied, but it is best to program them to be sure you are getting full brake.

Back