Is in the hospital

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abadk9420

Broke Down Driver
In Memoriam
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
This is his wife *Waves a little* I'm posting this for him to let ya all know...

He had a swollen throat on new years eve/ wee hours of new years day morning, so bad that when he laid down to sleep it kept making him gag. So he went to the ER at 6am, they gave him penicillin and a steroid for the infection and the swelling.
Well by new years night he felt much better, by then swelling was almost gone.
However, he woke up this morning and his tongue felt swollen, and by 2pm it was 4 times it's normal size, threatening to close off his air way. Another trip to the ER, for once we had no wait...Straight back to the bed with the Dr. waiting to examine him, so ya know it was looking bad.
They hooked him up with all the wires and crap to monitor just about everything but how many times he had to pee lol.
The decided he had, at age 38, his first allergic reaction (First to any meds, lucky him) to penicillin, even though he's taken it tons of times over his life time.
They gave him an IV for meds and a few shots for the swelling and then checked him into the hospital, just incase, his tongue or anything else swelled up, that isn't suppose to swell ;)
He should be returning to ya all safe n sound by Sunday at the latest!
You all can send well wishes for now, and then tease him like crazy later!

P.s. He made me bring him his Crawler magazine, his sketch book, mechanical pencil and ruler…He even had the energy/balls to suggest I bring him his Crawler!!
So, ya, he’s feeling better already!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, thank goodness he's fine. Thanks for letting us know! Can't wait to have him back soon :D.

Mrs. abadk,

Please let him know that if we have to, we will dress up as Ninja's and sneak his Crawler into the hospital. If you refuse to release his crawler to us for our nighttime shenanigans, we will be forced to bring at least 20 minis and micros to terrorize the nursing staff mercilessly.

Let him know we're rooting for him and hope he gets better soon.

You sure he's not faking it? :hehe:

By the way, we demand pics, the more embarassing the better.

Note to self: train my wife to post to forums in the event of illness or early demise by my arch nemesis.

Hey! Thank you so much for throwing in a post about him. We're family here, you know, and we deserve to be informed.
The only crawling he'll be doing is on the floor, as a way of thanking you for taking good care of him. Thanks again. :celebrate:

Uhhh, just between us guys, there's not much swelling that we are able to fake. :D

Best of luck to him. I hope everything is ok. Maybe he got one of rolex's little blue pills stuck in his throat???

My best wishes to the patient... But we all know, the crawler is really an excuse to 'crawl' a nurse.... :D.

Let him know were all wishing him well...You could at least bring him a pic of his crawler, we get the best ideas from just staring at them LOL

Ahh man that sucks! He told me about that earlier today. Must have gotten worse! Hope he gets better soon!

Thanks for the heads up *hehe, ok enough with the swollen jokes* Mrs. Abad. We really are family here and we all appreciate knowing how he's doing. Give him our best :thumbup::thumbup:

Wow that's great news to here he is doing well. ;)

Glad to hear he's doing well! Thanks for letting us know!

Thanks for telling us Wife!! I've been wondering where he was...Get well soon Curtis...

He truly has a good wife, not only will she put up with all his RC crap, she'll actually log on and let us know he's doing okay.

I'm with Amoeba, don't make us go all ninja for our RC brother! ;)

Tell him we wish him well and can't wait to have him back.

Best of luck to him. I hope everything is ok. Maybe he got one of rolex's little blue pills stuck in his throat???
Well I am back home from the hospital I guess Rolexes little blue pill finally wore off, LOL!!!!

Hey! Thank you so much for throwing in a post about him. We're family here, you know, and we deserve to be informed.
The only crawling he'll be doing is on the floor, as a way of thanking you for taking good care of him. Thanks again. :celebrate:

Uhhh, just between us guys, there's not much swelling that we are able to fake. :D

Naa but I might go crawling at folsom lake tomarrow, LOL!!!! But she does take good care of me!

Mrs. abadk,

Please let him know that if we have to, we will dress up as Ninja's and sneak his Crawler into the hospital. If you refuse to release his crawler to us for our nighttime shenanigans, we will be forced to bring at least 20 minis and micros to terrorize the nursing staff mercilessly.

Let him know we're rooting for him and hope he gets better soon.

By the way, we demand pics, the more embarassing the better.

Note to self: train my wife to post to forums in the event of illness or early demise by my arch nemesis.

The misses wanted me to let you know it's Sinfulfeline not Mrs. Abadk
and yes she is pretty good at makeing post, she has her own forums she posts in so I only had to guide her to the right place to post....and a bunch of mini's and micro's would have been sweet..

Any way I just want to say thanks for all the well wishes, It is nice to know that I got a few good friends that care about me, I was really starting to get a little scared there with how much my tounge was swelling, by yesterday evening I was felling a lot better but the doctor wanted to watch me over night being that it could be a life threatning deal, no air way no breath kind of thing so I guess it was better safe then sorry....:D

glad you are ok Curtis!!!! back in the saddle again.