Intermittent loss of control

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaiser

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My savage has been running pretty strong lately and in the last couple days has been running away on me. Sometimes steering on its own sometimes not at all. Replaced batteries in receiver, have not in controller yer as the battery indicator still says they are fine. Should I trust it or just change em out? Both servos are acting up sometimes so I'm thinking its loss of power to them or a bad signal to begin with. Help?

I would change transmitter batteries too. Also check antenna for any damage. If its broken anywhere or coming loose from receiver board that could be an issue. Best thing for truck would be upgrade to a hump pack and get rid of the AAs.

Sounds good. Will check her out tonight. Thanks.

I would change transmitter batteries too. Also check antenna for any damage. If its broken anywhere or coming loose from receiver board that could be an issue. Best thing for truck would be upgrade to a hump pack and get rid of the AAs.

+1 on this.

Fail safe? Also replaced transmitter batts, no real improvement

Fail safe does seem to be a good idear. Antena looks pretty good. A couple kinks where cap goes over tube and where tube slips into receiver. Other than that it looks otay. Noticed that the wires on battery pack got pinched in top of batt box, but they don't look that bad. Any other ideas?

I wonder if your on/off switch is acting a fool. You could bypass it and if things change.

...Best thing for truck would be upgrade to a hump pack and get rid of the AAs.

++1 on this, and would fix your pinched wires you mentioned before as well. I got the exact one in both my Savage and as been good to me.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/HPI-Receiver-Battery-Pack-6V-1200-MAH-W-Charger-Savage-/350853774205?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51b083bb7d

And yes a fail safe, Prevents accidents by detecting low battery voltage, low radio
battery voltage, no radio signal, and signal interference
Stops vehicle by applying brake servo

Last edited: