Intermittent ESC response

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marchino

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am experiencing an intermittent response from my abisma asb1 brushless converted RC. It goes full speed but after few minutes it reduce speed and than throttle stop completely. You need to wait few seconds and then goes again for a couple of minutes before resetting and going again. It looks like some sort of protection kick in.... I run standard batteries not LiPo.
Any idea what it may be?
Thanks!

esc?. and there is no such thing as standard batteries...sound like a lvc protection.. A nimh will have a slight bounce back in voltage when you let it be a few seconds....

esc?. and there is no such thing as standard batteries...sound like a lvc protection.. A nimh will have a slight bounce back in voltage when you let it be a few seconds....
Thanks I am pretty sure you are right. So what should I do? I have already programmed the ESC to have with no LVC protection as I run nimh. Anything else I should do? I guess I should buy LiPo?

Get a higher capacity nimh battery or your battery may no longer be able to hold a good charge for very long. A lipo would be better and more optimal for use with a brushless motor.

no nimh will be able to handle the amp needs of a brushless system. Id go to lipo

I used nimh before I moved to lipo, lightweight 1/10 4wds, 2wds with 3650 size brushless motors, nimh can work fine. Used nimh with the Traxxas VXL motor also, did the pack get hot? yes, it did but still ran the motor fine. The packs are still useable after years of use also. Lipo will for sure be better but nimh can still be used.

I am experiencing an intermittent response from my abisma asb1 brushless converted RC. It goes full speed but after few minutes it reduce speed and than throttle stop completely. You need to wait few seconds and then goes again for a couple of minutes before resetting and going again. It looks like some sort of protection kick in.... I run standard batteries not LiPo.
Any idea what it may be?
Thanks!
If the esc is set for lipo this will definetly happen running nimh batteries. Voltage drop is significantly higher with nimh so low voltage sensor kicking in. Check esc instructions to see if you need to switch from lipo to nimh mode.

Back