Input Requested Regarding Four Wheel Drive Traxxas Bandit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aditsan

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Good afternoon to all,
I started my Radio Control hobby journey when my father gifted a Bandit buggy to me for my twelfth birthday. Since then, I’ve continued to enjoy using my Traxxas product over the past ten years. Fast forward to today, I am a college senior with Thomas Edison State University, located in Trenton, NJ. My major (BSBA) is in business administration/management.

I am currently enrolled within a class entitled, Applied Marketing Practices. This twelve-week class requires that I learn and apply the process of constructing a cohesive and professional hypothetical marketing plan. I chose Traxxas as the subject of my research as I am more familiar with the radio control industry compared to any other industry. Assignment two of my class requires that I design a marketing research project (including a survey) to determine if my chosen topic—a four-wheel drive Bandit buggy product line extension—has market potential.

I’d like to request responses to my questionnaire (approximately 3 minutes or less in duration) regarding whether you (as individuals) would consider purchasing a four-wheel drive Traxxas Bandit buggy if one were to be made available in the future.

I am attaching the questionnaire in PDF form here. In addition, I am requesting that all respondents to this survey list their responses according to the following format:

For example: Please list survey answers starting with the question number (i.e. Question 1) that you’re answering followed by the answer choice/s you selected. See below for examples.
Question 1: Sleek design and/or ease of maintenance, etc
Question 4: Battery size constraints and/or single choice of tire-type
Question 6: Definitely would purchase, might or might not purchase, etc

Thank you in advance for contributing to this project.

Have a wonderful weekend,

Aditsan

Attachments

• REV-2-Bandit 4x4 Marketing Research Survey.pdf
    336.8 KB · Views: 50
Q1: None of the above
Q2: All of the Above
Q3: a) needs to have a wider stance more like a traditional buggy platform
b) mid motor design
c) center/rear/front diffs
Q4: a) rear motor design
b) short a-arms in front
c) narrow chassis
Q5: I can't answer this because I dont know what the design of a 4WD Bandit would look like. If its like the 2WD bandit only 4WD then Id say poor. If they redesigned it more like a traditional buggy then I would say excellent. If they do something in between then somewhere in between.
Q6: Again same problem as Q5. If its basically the same as the 2WD then Definitely would not purchase. If they redesigned it then the more like a traditional buggy it was the more likely i would be to purchase it.

I hope this helps. Sorry, not trying to hate on your Bandit just trying to answer your questionnaire for your class as honestly as possible.

Q1: None of the above
Q2: All of the Above
Q3: a) needs to have a wider stance more like a traditional buggy platform
b) mid motor design
c) center/rear/front diffs
Q4: a) rear motor design
b) short a-arms in front
c) narrow chassis
Q5: I can't answer this because I dont know what the design of a 4WD Bandit would look like. If its like the 2WD bandit only 4WD then Id say poor. If they redesigned it more like a traditional buggy then I would say excellent. If they do something in between then somewhere in between.
Q6: Again same problem as Q5. If its basically the same as the 2WD then Definitely would not purchase. If they redesigned it then the more like a traditional buggy it was the more likely i would be to purchase it.

I hope this helps. Sorry, not trying to hate on your Bandit just trying to answer your questionnaire for your class as honestly as possible.
Greywolf74: Thank you very much for your honest feedback! I am also in agreement that many disproportionate elements--narrow chassis, short a-arms, heavy back end due to rear motor design--of the current Bandit platform are long due for an overhaul/redesign.

Have a great week and thank you again,

Jonathan

Back