Input on some buggies

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ofna1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ofna 1/8 Jammin' X1 RTR Nitro Buggy & Ofna 1/8 Hyper 7 PBS RTR w/Mach .28 Pull Start . Which of these 2 RTR are better and why ?

id'e definently go with the jammin. jammin builds a great buggy/truggy I'm looking into one myself.

I have a Jammin X1CRT, I just have not had the chance to break it in yet. I sold all my buggies, I had a 9.5 RTR and 2 9.5 Pros. I miss the buggies and wanted to get another one. I was looking on ebay and they want to much for used 9.5 Pros so I figured I would get a new buggie at tax time. There are not really any good tracks in this area and I needed to get a little feed back on the 2 buggies I listed. I was also looking at the Hyper 8 .

If you have a Jammin CRT then the X-1 buggy would be a more likely stable mate. It will be easy on the wallet as you will be able to share some spare parts between the two. Plus the X-1 is very competitive on track

Cool, looks like that is the one I will be getting. How is it for jumping and bashing.

Couldn't tell ya to be honest. I run a Mugen and only race. I know a few guys that run Jammin's and they seem to be decent like I said but not sure on the basher end.

X1 RTR or 8ight RTR is the way to go. Both are awesome and come with good stuff (more so on the 8ight)

I herd the 8ight had som bugs that they needed to work out.

What does the Mugen cost ? Which one do you run ? Were can I pick one of them up.

Mugens are great I had mine for 2 years with hardly any problems. Alot of the high performance buggies that are being.... updated, are going for really cheap right now. MBX-5 Prospecs, XB8's, MP777 SP2's, X1-CR's are all going for around $300 used as rollers on ebay which is amazing. If you search for awhile, you might be able to find a complete for around $400-500 which is a steal.

If you have a Jammin CRT then the X-1 buggy would be a more likely stable mate. It will be easy on the wallet as you will be able to share some spare parts between the two. Plus the X-1 is very competitive on track

I run both the Jammin CRT and the CR... both Factory Team Versions. For the exact same reason as Jetmech posted. Most of the parts are interchangable with some obvious exceptions of course, but for the most part they are the same. I don't bash them, I only race... well I try to race... if you have ever seen me race, it looks like I am bashing.. LOL! I spend alot of time on my lid and tumbling down the track. My rigs have held up well so you should be ok to bash with them. The flip side to that is that Jammin designed and marketed the CR as a race buggy, so you may want to look at other options if you plan on bashing only. The CR is a bit pricey for a basher IMO of course. Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

Tom

The buddy that I have acquired my Ofna Hyper 7 PBS from had bought a Jammin CR. and loves it. He says its pretty much indestructable. I ran it it two weeks ago at the track during practice. He told me "don't hold back... you won't break it!", he wasn't lying! I was layin' better lap time than with my Hyper 7. I even sent the thing cart wheeling when I hit a jump ****-eyed at full throttle. THIS THING SEEMS INDESTRUCTABLE! He since has bought a Losi 8eight, and took 2nd in the Bmain his first race with it. Now my only decision I have to make is whether to buy a Jammin' or an Eight????? I've also considered a Mugen or Kyosho just to break the cycle of "following" him.