Inferno 7.5 and starter box.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasquatch

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi...

I'm thinking of removing my pullstarter on my Inferno 7.5.

I will be buying a starter box for another RC car anyway and I guess that pullstarter & starter box is no good combination.

Which parts will need to be removed/replaced ??

Backplate, bla, bla....

I use the original GX21 motor.

Regards.

I dont know about backplat part numbers, but this is the box I strongly suggest running:

OFNA
PART #: 10250
or
PART #: 10253 - w/Power Panel
Used For: 1/10 On/Off Road, 1/8 On/Off Road
Features: High Torque Motor

Picture here:

http://www.ofna.com/images/st-sb-10250-big.jpg

st-sb-10250-big.jpg

And use a Hobbico 12v Gel Cell for the battery. You will be VERY happy if you do.

The 10250 looks good.

Looks like the starter wheel can be set in 2 ways... makes it universal.

I will get that one. I allready have a 12v 7 Ah gel battery. I hope it fits..

One thing though.

I will need a new backplate right?? Pullstart and starter box = :hammer:

I'm a big fan of this box... very light weight, and if you already have your external battery, this one would especially be the best in my mind... you can set it up for whatever you want and it's super light.
st-sb-10246-big.jpg

Looka great.

I will need one that the 12V battery will fit inside though....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think you need to remove your pullstart to use a starter box. I guess if you were racing, the weight issue would be a factor. I have a ps on my hyper 8 port, & use a starter box most of the time. The ps comes in handy when she stalls away from the box... can't beat a starter box though... lol

I have that box too. In fact, I have 3 different boxes for 3 different rides. All OFNA. The reason I suggested the blue is for the Buggy setup, which is what I use mine for. It is a WIDE deck, which really does help for 8th scale setups.

The silver one I use for my on-roads and the black univeral OFNA box I use for stadium setups.

The 12v cell fits in all 3. Albeit tight, but it is what I use as well.

The 10250 is also a POWERHOUSE box. So for those high end powerhouse mills, you wont be flipping out, you will be smiling instead ;)

How much does that other one run for? The 10250.

Yeah there should be no reason why you can't just leave the Pull start on the engine even if you do use the Starter Box.

Christian, I dont know about around you but NONE of the LHSs around me can beat Towers pricing on anything. Well, at least nothing "I've" needed from them. In some cases they come close and I save on the shipping, but there is still sales tax so its almost a wash.

I'm not bashing or telling anyone NOT to go to their LHS. I'm just saying around me its rare to get a deal.

you don't need to remove the p/s if you're gonna be using the starter box

Some like to remove the pull start and seal it up TIGHT. Some leave them on. You can do either. I just dont know the part numbers he will need.

As for the LHS price breaks, I'm sorry to hear it. If anything, Towers prices can be beat by plenty of mail order houses. So, take in an ad from any of the Mail Order houses you see in the R.C. mags and see if they will at least MATCH the price.

My LHS kicks major ass so I take for granted that others would do business the same way. Thus, the reason I RARELY mail order ANYTHING. Even if I have to wait a week or two longer through my LHS, I give them ALL of my business if possible.

The one-way bearing in the the pullstart causes some amount of friction on the spinning crankshaft. There is also the weight difference, but that is negligible. If you are switching to a starterbox you'd get full benefits by getting rid of the PS.

But then again the real world difference is probably so insignificant that no one could tell the difference, and a pullstart is really handy out on the bashing field, so forget everything I said.

how's that for a post!:D
But yeah, no harm in leaving it on while using a starterbox.

As for what starterbox I have an Ofna box thats got the same motor as Christians, and it works awesome.

The only thing I gotta say for any box is - if you've got a power panel, don't use more than 12v (ie two 7.2v packs = 14.4 in theory, maybe 16 in usage) because more than 12 can blow out the power panels. If you need to for some reason, throw a resistor in line with the powerpanels wiring to reduce the voltage it gets to 12v.

Just a lesson I learnt, and i've never seen anyone say that before so thought I would.

OK. Thank you all.

I will order the OFAN 10250 powerhouse starter box from Tower (Has to be shipped to Denmark but NO LHS even has anything that matches prise/performance) GRR I hate not being able to go to a LHS as you guys. *WHINE* :rolleyes:

I'm happy to hear that I can simply leave the PS on. I don't race anyway serious so the performance drop of having the PS on is not important to me. I just have never used a starter box before so i made the thread just to make sure I wasn't breaking anything.

I'm happy now... :eyes:

Good deal man. Yeah, go ahead and leave the pull start on, you'll be just fine.