Incinerator - spare spare parts nitro drag build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Small changes to paint scheme.

View attachment 181116

Got it masked up last night after my logo decals arrived. The logos came backwards. Sigh. Screw it. Not waiting 2 more weeks to finish this, letters looks like a deathmetal band anyway, nobody gonna know the difference :D
How does someone make a decal bacwards?

Designed to be inside the vehicle is reverse of being printed to be outside the vehicle.
I thought he was saying the letters were backwards. So the sticky side is on the face of the decal?

Yeah, the sticky is on the face. It was my fault apparently. Had a brain fart when submitting the image.

Yeah, the sticky is on the face. It was my fault apparently. Had a brain fart when submitting the image.
Well, apply the decals and paint over them like paint masks. I've done it before 😉

There's no painting over these like masks and keeping the detail.

It's fine really, I luckily have properly oriented N301 and DR stickers from another set, so it's just the main logo that will be backwards, and it's not really worth waiting for another set even. My wife said nobody is gonna notice, haha. These bodies get replaced often enough, it's fine.

incineratorstickers.png

Well, got er done. Didn't come out quite right, I tried to make the hood scoop and wing a darker tone by backing it with black vs chrome on the lighter parts, but the metallic orange was too opaque to make much difference. In hindsight, I had some regular orange that would have been perfect but didn't use. Ah well. I think next time I will use stencils for the flames on the scoop and roof too. Pretty certain I will need to paint another body not long into the season as this car is a handful with the OS .21 tm in it and it only weight 4.9 lbs. I also ran to the LHS and grabbed some plastic mag slots for the front to match some I had for the rear already, and painted them with Spastix Mirror Chrome, which works really well, love the wheels on this one. The flame stickers on the hood scoop hazed for some reason after painting. Thinking the moisture of the paint reacted with the acryllic backing I put over the ink (these two I printed myself at home). I might just re-print on a waterslide decal and put it over top of them to darken it back up.

Conceptually though, I like the look - just gotta execute it better next time (and have the logos printed the right way, lol).

20240211_162150.jpg

20240211_162203.jpg

20240211_162221.jpg