In Line Fuel Filters.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c3racing0082

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Is Having An In Line Nitro Filter A Must Have?
Or Do They Restrict Flow Somewhat? Curently I Have One. But Thats The Way I Bought It.

I believe a fuel filter is a must have. Cheap insurance against crap getting into your engine.

I quit running a filter. Mostly because I was to lazy to put them back on. The tank I run has one built into it, so I can't see the reason for another filter in it anyway. When I did run them, they didn't seem to give me any fuel flow problems.

fuel filters are fine although you need to make sure the lines are on good and tight and that the filter is tight to prevent leaning out..

I wouldn't be without one. Every time you lift the lid to fill the fuel tank, you run the risk of getting dirt and dust in there.
The other advantage is a small reserve of fuel that gives you time to get to the car when it's on its' roof.

I would not run without one either. For the exact reason Rolex stated, "Every time you lift the lid to fill the fuel tank, you run the risk of getting dirt and dust in there". I use the Dynamite big daddy filters, I have never had a single problem with them.

hb1111 said:
fuel filters are fine although you need to make sure the lines are on good and tight and that the filter is tight to prevent leaning out..

if it isnt tight will cause the inside of the truck to get all oily? besides a lean condition.

IMO they are a must have.

I run the Kyosho Super Capacity filters nice and big for a good fuel reserve and they work great.

yea thats a good price for a filter my Kyosho ones cost $12 a pop but make sure its a quality one no just a cheap POS

I wondered the same thing since my tank has a screen at the pickup but then I figured what the hell it's cheap insurance having one there.

i just got 1 and they r so worth it
also great reserve hasnt stalled on its roof yet

quality fuel filters matter i bought a megatech filter and it leaked and the little rubber that they has ended up breaking.

I run the great planes one, it seems to work fine for me.