IMX (IMEX) 1/10 electric Renegade questions.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anyone have any experience with the IMX (IMEX) brand 1/10 scale vehicles? I found a couple of their vehicles local cheap, but, even though i know they initially started in N.Y. and then moved to FL. I have no actual experience with them. I can get them cheap, so, if they are worth it, I'm looking to pick them up as starter vehicles for a 9 and a 10 year old. Some of the questions i have are, are they fairly durable, or do they break easy? Are parts easy to get from IMEX, or is it a customer service nightmare? Anyone ever upgrade them to run BL? Any known out of the box or first runs issues? Anything i am forgetting that i should know about them?

never stood next to a 1 on podiums...a 2013 model can you find parts?

Last edited:
I don't have any experience with that particular brand. But if I were you I would check for parts availability in your area and see if there are upgradable parts available. For a starter car for a young man you will expect to break some parts so that is just going to happen and you will have to be able to find them. If your budget would allow I would recommend starting with a brushed Traxxas or arrma. There are plenty of parts available for these models and upgrades can be installed that any time funds become available

I don't have any experience with that particular brand. But if I were you I would check for parts availability in your area and see if there are upgradable parts available. For a starter car for a young man you will expect to break some parts so that is just going to happen and you will have to be able to find them. If your budget would allow I would recommend starting with a brushed Traxxas or arrma. There are plenty of parts available for these models and upgrades can be installed that any time funds become available
Locally, there isnt a shop. The nearest one is 70 miles away, which is a small shop with not much selection, and the nearest decent shop is over 140 miles away, so i do all my stuff online. As for parts availability, IMEX seems to have every part in stock, so that shouldnt be an issue. As for Traxxas, for personal reasons (i dont like how the company operates), i wont own one. I have a few Arrma vehicles, and, my plan, since i rarely run them, is get them something cheap (i can get the Renegades for less than $90 each from a neighbor, new in the box, and, retail they are more than twice that), and, once they get better with them, use the Arrma's i have that i dont use, and turn them into a vehicle they would like. My Arrmas are pretty much rollers, so i would end up spending more than he wants for the Renegades on parts, and i dont want to do that if they end up getting put back in the shed. Another plan i had was buy the renegades, and, if they end up being junk, just swap the electronics into my Arrma's, but, it depends on if the electronics are even any good.

Back