I'm thinking about getting a slayer pro 4x4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jman98

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hey guys, i have a slash 4x4 and i love the sc look and performance. I have been in the market for a new truck and i have been thinking deeply about getting into nitro. My questions are is nitro really as hard to tune as a bunch of people say it is? Is the slayer pro fast? is it bashing friendly(really durable) and does it perform well on the track?

thanks in advance,jman

If the pro has the 3.3 trx in it, I have heard that engine is real hard to keep a good solid tune. I'm not sure what the specs are that differ from the regular slayer but they have a top heavy problem and flip alot.

I have the original slayer. It has been amazingly durable. I put in the sway bar kit, and it doesn't roll as much as it used to. The Pro 4x4 is longer by about an inch, and wider by 26mm. Basically, they took the Revo 3.3 frame and put shorter a arms on it. That's basically what the Slayer is too

so is the original slayer better than the pro?

The pro will be more stable because it's longer and wider, so I would have to guess that it's better. I put the pro a arms on my slayer and it really helped with stability along with the sway bars

ok thanks. i was looking around online and i could not find the original slayer ANYWHERE. it always comes up the pro. the original has the 2.5 in it right?

No, it's got the 3.3. Wicked fast and fun truck. I think Traxxas discontinued the original when they came out with the pro

I have had my slayer pro for a month now. Sofar I love it. Fast, seems to be durable and overall a lot of fun. I've did some hardcore bashing and its held up well.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Back