I'm starting to like electrics better :(

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwong2001

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well, I bought a used electric tc3 awhile back. It was in pretty sad shape, but I put some money into it and now it's beautiful. Last Friday, I finally bought the final component I needed, a Novak Dually ESC. Since then, i've really been running the car.

Right now i've got a Team Orion 15T Mod motor from my starter box. I gotta say, it's pretty fast for an electric. I think it can do a good 35mph which isn't bad. Handling is really good. And it's just a blast to drive.

I've also found electrics are SOOO much fun to drift when you put some PVC pipe on for tires!

Now all I need to do is learn how to drive on the track so I can get my Trinity D6 10T!

BAAAAAAA!!! They are too quiet and they dont smell good! hahahaha!! Glad your enjoying it Kevin!

Me too!

I've been racing two weeks now and this past week made it to the C main. Which at this track is a BIG accomplishment. Even some of the vets were getting edgy hehehe

It is a LOT of fun. No matter the R.C.. But I was a skeptic about getting back into electric. So much easier now though. Better ESC's, better motors and wayyyyyyy better batteries.

Hey christian, what kinda electric stuff you running on your electric?

I've got a Novak Dually (takes any motor), team orion 15t mod, and a 3000nimh pack (got for free :) )

SportMax ESC
Epic 27T stock motor (I race stock class)
Hitec Digital Steering Servo
3300 MaH Battery Packs (these things rock!)

I run in the stock TC3 class right now.

hows that TC3 treating ya?

Treating me great.

I might have to pickup a new chassis because the CA scares me. Too bad they didnt make an insert kit.

And Megatech stopped manufacturing the hinge pin braces in aluminum, so the search is on for the rear 2+2 in aluminum.

I'd like to try an electric on-road car sooner or later. I haven't been into RCs long, but sometimes, I really get tired of my car getting as dirty as it does. The wheels being inside the body makes the car an expensive, 40mph vacuum.

Having to worry about keeping battery packs fresh is kind of a turn off though. And, they normally aren't as fast for the amount invested, but they sure will handle better!

I've got a pan car (roller now) it's older, but a huge blast to drive. No where around here to drive it, and too fast for indoors.

What little taste of it I did have was a friggin blast. I can see the turn on if you had a big flat area to open one up. Hit the throttle and just do circles in place on the carpet. I can imagine taking it out an drifting it etc...

I never saw the fun of being limited to flat areas, but now I do. I can see all kinds of possiblities, things that the big MT's can't do.

Well guys, I went to the track on Friday. I went when they first opened so no one was there. It was nice being the only one on the track. Especially being a n00b and all.

I had a blast. I only had the 3000nicd pack and a 1500 pack. So I didn't get as much runtime as I should have. But when i did run, I ran pretty good.

I found out pretty quick you HAVE to have traction compound. I slammed into the wall at the end of the straight. The people there slapped some compound on, and wow, what a change. It was like night and day.

Once I got the traction compound on, I started really driving. At first, I was hitting all the barriers like crazy. But gradually I started to get better and made some steady improvements. I could do a few laps and not hit anything and still stay with a pretty good line.

After a few hours at the track, I was starting to get bored at waiting for my charger to charge the batteries, so I reluctantly decided to leave.

Right now i'm really pumped to race novice. But unfortunately, one good battery pack won't do. So i'm gonna try to get at least two more packs before I try to race. I saw some decent prebuilt ones for $35 a piece so it shouldn't cost too much.

Also, I went through my tc3 overnight and checked everything out and reset the ball diffs. Now she's all ready to go, I just need the battery packs :(

Originally posted by nitromaniac
BAAAAAAA!!! They are too quiet and they dont smell good! hahahaha!! Glad your enjoying it Kevin!

What he said....I use to love electric but now it just bores me. I am gonna get a mean ass Brushless Mini-T down the road though.

If your gonna run electric do it brushless. This aint RcElectricTalk...lol.

Whats up guys!! I just started getting into the electric scene after a couple trips to one of the new LHS that has a pretty good size indoor carpet track. I watched one heat race and was hooked!!! I bought an X-Ray T1Racer kit and just got it and all my electronics installed last night so i havent got to run the car yet.I'm running a Trinity Monster Pro stock motor,Fusion Team 6 cell race pack, the new LRP Quantum Competition 2 esc ( BADASS!!!) and a KO PROPO digi servo.I can't wait to get some run time in on the track!!!!:drool: :drool:

Originally posted by WHEELIN24/7
Whats up guys!! I just started getting into the electric scene after a couple trips to one of the new LHS that has a pretty good size indoor carpet track. I watched one heat race and was hooked!!! I bought an X-Ray T1Racer kit and just got it and all my electronics installed last night so i havent got to run the car yet.I'm running a Trinity Monster Pro stock motor,Fusion Team 6 cell race pack, the new LRP Quantum Competition 2 esc ( BADASS!!!) and a KO PROPO digi servo.I can't wait to get some run time in on the track!!!!:drool: :drool:

You live in washington state dont' you? What hobby shop was it at? I goto rain city raceway in lynnwood. It's about a 45minute drive to get tehre.

yeah i live in Spokane and we know have 3 LHS all within 20 min. of eachother. The one with the track is called Northwest R/C Hobbie and Raceway. they just opened up about 3 months ago.

Well i finally got to get some practice time in with my X_RAY and wow!!! I had a blast !! These things haul ass and are fun to drive. I did pretty good for being my first time with indoor carpet racing and can't wait to race on Friday night!!!!:winnar:

Yeah, i'm hoping to be able to race for the first time this friday also...but I only have one good battery pack, so i'll need at least one more. We'll have to see if I have enough money by then :(

The handling of the cars is insane huh? The track I run at is a small track with mostly turns and I hardly have to brake. Just throw the car in the turn and it'll make it. You used traction compound didn't you?

These cars do handle awsome!!!! I did use traction compound since I'm running slicks and it makes the car just hook up like crazy!!! The track I'm running on has about 6 turns with one "S" turn and a pretty good straight stretch, its awsome !!!

Back