I'm DONE with this nitro!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzanzirc

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
BREAK IN. :woot:

My break in of that bastid engine is done.

Maybe I should now call it the apple of my eye. Because it went from this horrible kid that keeps hurting itself and SUPER temperamental to this lovely sweet child that does what it's told. :first_place::first_place:šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Since my early issues with it, it has now bloomed into this semi perfect little thing. At least it starts up with the first 3 pulls and just runs. It runs nicely unless there are some niggly things popping up as you will see in the video.

I have some questions.

1. Why would my high speed needle screw unscrew itself, richening the mixture then? When I got the car, I saw there was some "stuff" in the screw and housing. Like a flexible adhesive like silicone or something. I'm guessing now it was to keep the screw from coming undone from the vibrations. šŸ§ In the video you'll see it. So does someone have a video detailing how the high speed needle looks inside and what it should have in? Maybe mine is missing a o-ring or such?

2. On my 5th tank, I leaned it a tiny bit. Thinking back, I might have leaned it too much? Maybe someone can give me advice? Because on the rich setting, I can hit full throttle no issues. After turning the screw a bit, when hitting full throttle, it looks and sounds like it backfires and bogs down until the revs drop. Too lean? I immediately richened it again and all was fine.

3. Not so much a question. Just a tip. Always check the car FULLY when buying a secondhand one, before and after each run. When I got back from the break in, I noticed the 4 c-clips missing on the rear hub shafts! The shafts where almost falling out. Luckily I caught it when doing the inspection afterwards! Those c-clips don't fall out by themselves, so I think the seller never put some one. :doh:

Anyway, I wasn't sure how much fun a break in video can be, so I tried to make a semi fun video. LOL!

Oops, shame on me for not reading full post
:)

The issue was just all down to me being a dummy. šŸ¤£

But now that it's fixed, I must say I don't have issues starting it, it idles good, runs well. I'm stoked for a 2nd hand car. I can only imagine what a brand new car will feel like. I just need to sort out the HSN o-ring. It seems all the o-rings I find is not "wide" enough for the slot it needs to go into.

Does this look like a good o-ring? Doesn't look like there is much left to stop leakage or keep it in place.

Attachments

• 20220525_070747.jpg
    20220525_070747.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 50
:)

The issue was just all down to me being a dummy. šŸ¤£

But now that it's fixed, I must say I don't have issues starting it, it idles good, runs well. I'm stoked for a 2nd hand car. I can only imagine what a brand new car will feel like. I just need to sort out the HSN o-ring. It seems all the o-rings I find is not "wide" enough for the slot it needs to go into.

Does this look like a good o-ring? Doesn't look like there is much left to stop leakage or keep it in place.
Actually, a well used, cared for engine is what myself and a larger percentage of Nitro enthusiasts prefer vs new never started.

Actually, a well used, cared for engine is what myself and a larger percentage of Nitro enthusiasts prefer vs new never started.
I think the seller was a nitro fanatic. The car was in great nick and the engine seems to be in very good shape and taken care of. I'll buy from him again. I think he has more to sell. :)

I'm just glad I didn't get a POS for a first nitro. It would have put me off I think. lol

I think the seller was a nitro fanatic. The car was in great nick and the engine seems to be in very good shape and taken care of. I'll buy from him again. I think he has more to sell. :)

I'm just glad I didn't get a POS for a first nitro. It would have put me off I think. lol
Yeah, no fair! Every nitro newbie has to start off with a beat down, worn out, low compression, maximum st like myself!