I'm building my own hovercraft!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisherman

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey all i have been very intrigued by these things and did a search on the net and found this link, I'm gonna build one and attach a older edger engine on the back with an rc plane propeler on it. Also a gas blower engine to inflate the skirt. Just thought id share my exciting project with yall here at RCNT. lol I'm so excited but I'm broke so ill be needin some monney before i do anything.

That's exactly like the one we made in junior high! We used leaf blowers and sat inthe center of it on a chair.

We fired it up in the gym and it sounded like one continuous fart. It didn't move at all until one of us got on it to make a seal between the bottom and the floor.

I couldn't believe it held together. I weighed about 220 then.

HaHa yeah iv done searches and it says they can hold alot of weight like 450lbs or some crazy number like that.LOL I'm gonna have lots of fun

I saw this artical in rc driver about the jami guy from mith busters and it had a picture of his homemade hovercraft. Looked kinda cool. It had 7 gas leaf blower motors. Zoom Zoom...

Haha sounds like a blast and I'm gonna live on a lake soon so i can take it out on the water hopefully, hey i should get a gas boat i bet ppl on this site would kill to live on a 70 acre lake, lol

how long will it take to build???

um once i get the money and supplies all together i could probably build it in a day but if i took my time proably 2 days. Not very long.

i got this huge manual oon how to make one of these it was powered off a old tube vacuum from the 80's and i never could find one

u can use an electric blower or gas blower, to power it.

Hey here is a link to a hovercraft that would be fun to make I am also thinkin of makin one after my RC one and a few other projects are done.

Steve

Attachments

• second_hover1.jpg
    second_hover1.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 126
yeah i saw that one when i searched on google, i plan on makin mine like that, as a matter of fact I'm gonna walk over to homedepto to check out the prices on the materials. IDK but hovercrafts hav always intrigued me and now I'm gonna have one of my own.

I can't believe it can go over water. I just don't think the leaf blower pushes enough wind to create a real air cushion under it.

I'd definitly test it on shallow water first!

IDK if it will but ill try it, and see, i may need to put 2 leaf blowers on there to get it to be able to go over water,

Back