If Traxxas is for beginners then which brand is advance r/c ???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrUnCh

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've seen and heard comments about Traxxas being for beginners . If this is so then which brands are for advance??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

You have two classes of RC's for the most part. RC's built for bashing and playing around with and than RC's built for Competition.

I think you are asking about the later. Now important to remember most company's make both AE, kyosho, Losi, HB, XRAY, Mugan ect ect.

Where the traxxas comment comes from is that other than the Platnium revo they only make RC's for bashing and having fun with.

Yeah ,thanks for the input. I wasn't really talking competetion wise, more in general. I mean when people ( not in the hobby) think of RC in General they Dont have a clue of there being any racing or organized events being held. They look at selection, quality, cost, and availability....

I own Revo 3.3, Rustler vxl, losi Lst, Savage xl 4.6, losi microT....

And there all different no one better just different...they all break eventually ...if you have fun and test their limits they will break.

I want another RC..hmmm?? Team Associated me thinks is next

I swear by my MGT 4.6 Hands down the best MT I've ever owned. Theres bugs (like with many rigs) but once worked out its a simply unbeatable machine!

Check out the AE RC8.2b and t

The t will out perform, bash and break less than any MT. Easier to fix when it does too.

The MGT 8.0 has been a very good truck. The engine can be hard to tune but is very reliable and has the best engine starting system IMHO. If you're looking for on road then look at the ofna dm 1 spec touring car. Very fast and easy to work on.

I may be picking myself up an MGT 8.0 in the near future, but for now, my LST2 is my favorite rig!

The toughest MT out of the box is the HPI Savage. I myself still prefer the Revo for bashing.

Rc8T and kyosho Inferno neo look sick....

I'm not sure I need another Mt but the MGT looks solid.

If you're looking at a competition level rig then Mugen & Losi would probably be my favorites but most manufacturers make race level kits. Traxxas is one of the few that doesn't. Mugen is one of the few that doesn't make bashers.

I had an X-Ray XB-8 that was a really solid buggy. They aren't cheap, but they are extremely high quality.

Yea XRAY makes top notch stuff. Only car of theirs I didn't like was their 1/12 pan car. Could not get it to stop pushing coming out of turns but that was just my exp with it

Back