Idntify Nitro motors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rizzle67

RCTalk Qualifier
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
I have an O.S. .15 with a broken rod. The sleeve and piston look fine. I want to fix this motor and use it. As far as any other identification goes I am not able to find any "block" numbers so I can source a new connecting rod. Since I am here. Can I reuse the piston and sleeve even though the rod broke? To me it would be easier than resleeving and having to go through break in procedures. Not sure which road is the smarter easier way to go. Obviously just buying a new motor would be simple. Why do that if I can fix one. Plus these little .15 are great for my RC10 rigs. Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

model ? os cv?cvr? picture to know for sure. You can get a new rod. buying a new Os wouldn't be easier as they are rare and discontinued.

This is the motor in question. The poorly lighted picture it is where it says 15. How do identify the model like what @monstertruckier15 had asked about?

Attachments

• 20210322_194620.jpg
    20210322_194620.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 20210322_194638.jpg
    20210322_194638.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 20210322_194800.jpg
    20210322_194800.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 61
@olds97_lss this is what i needed. Thank you. A far as finding parts for this motor, it is proving difficult. I may continue or start research into a new motor. What would you recommend? I want something with a lot of parts avaliable. Dont really want a TRX motor but it seems there is an abundance of them. We will see. Again thank you for the manual.

@olds97_lss this is what i needed. Thank you. A far as finding parts for this motor, it is proving difficult. I may continue or start research into a new motor. What would you recommend? I want something with a lot of parts avaliable. Dont really want a TRX motor but it seems there is an abundance of them. We will see. Again thank you for the manual.
02060 1/10 Scale Buggy .18 VX RC Glow Nitro Engine Rotary Carb Side Exhaust Blue 5055681308100 | eBay
you can find the connecting rod on Ebay .
Otherwise Sh has the most parts available.

Back