ice storm...10 degrees

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Nad

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
just got a 1/4 in of ice from a storm last nite covering evrything!! so what do i do?
get the tmaxx of coarse
i just got my new lockers in it and i had some of the most fun I've had without breaking anyhting
anybody know of good ways for making ice tires wen i hit the gas it slides all over but the drifting and doughnuts are crazy:bow:

I don't think anbody makes tires for ice and snow but I've heard in various places that sand paddle tires work well and some people go one step further (read: TOO FAR! :)) and put tacks or nails through the tires from the inside before mounting them to make them spiked.

Just like Coach Z said, if you take the tire's off the rim, then just run some small screws or nails threw, and maby back them with supper glue. I havent done it for rc's but know people that use this technique for dirt bikes in the winter. Good luck! And show us pics when there done lol.

Bryson

sorry guys i forgot to take pics or any videos and i can't now becuz i blew out my reciever ugh!! I'm gunna try to get one tomarrow from my lhs i dont know if he has any in stick though soo il get back to you:doh:

Can't say I want more ice but I had a blast last year with my Savage when we had an ice storm. The spikes are the trick for the hard ice, the stock savage 25 tires are super soft and work great in snow. It would doughnut so fast it would get on 2 wheels and keep going! Have fun and get a video if you can!

Ice and snow are overrated.

Here is a view from my back door this morning! And we are supposed to get another 8-14 inches on monday.

DSC02486.gif

wow thats alot of snow good luck with the shovel :)

Hahahahaha omg thank god for cali sun. Snow is fun to play in but a bitch to work with lol. I think a baja would get lost in all that powder lol!

Bryson

Back