i wanna race!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Non Crimen

RCNT Cyclist
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys. so i wanna race! is it worth putting the money into my slash 4x4 or should i just buy a sc10 or something? the only problem is that my dad says i should be happy with what i have. i tried to explain to him that the slash isnt a very good race truck. i need some input from you guys. if i need to i would happily throw my slash up on the site for a couple hundred. thanks for reading!!

Congrats on wanting to.race. I would suggest that you run the slash for some experience, see what people are racing at your local track. Personally I have a losi scte which is hands down a much better rig. But its also expensive compared to slash. I got a deal from my lhs at $479. Sc10 is a good truck I know a guy and all be will run is associated, but raves on my losi. So its up to you and good luck.

With the right upgrades, the slash can be made into a race worthy rig.

I'd pick up a Losi if you really wanted to be competitive. The I've seen very few Slashes do well at the races I've attended.

Thanks everyone I'm torn between team associated and losi.... Hmm ennie meenie Minnie mo!

If you haven't raced before, use the slash until you get better acquainted on the track. Then upgrade.

If you haven't raced before, use the slash until you get better acquainted on the track. Then upgrade.

Stick with the slash, get at least a season under your belt, then upgradeyour rig or go with a new one. I'm with you in torn between an associated or a losi sct,but I've dealt with losi many a times and had nothing but good experience with customer service and quality.

My HS Off Road Track just this Summer put a Slash only Class in the race lineup @ 1st only a few racers where showing up with slash's & getting thrown into either the 4x4 or 2WD classes.. So after a few week's more racers started showing up with slash's & the race offical's made it a seprate class... What I am saying to you Crimen is Race your Slash until you get some TRACK TIME & check with track officals to see if thay offer or will setup a Slash only class.. I Got a Losi XXX SCT "with alot of upgrades" & it hold's it own in the race I can get top 5's & just 2 weeks ago I won on 2nd to last lap the leaders wrecked & I was able to come away with the lead & hold on for the win.. & also crimen Go to the track & watch the racing action & talk to the other drivers & see what thay suggest.. Befor I started racing I went to the track alot "without my RIG" & helped out the staff I mainly reset cones - barriers - turn over Rig's that wreck stuff like that Also I got to be friends with alot of racers & by mid summer Late July I started racing in a Short Course 2WD class..
Than after your "ROOKIE" 1st year racing I would upgrade to a better Rig... & I go for the FUN of it & dont care what place I come in & I look @ it this way I get to see my friends on a Saturday that I dont get to see during the week...

I run a slash 4x4 at all our races and its pretty competetive, although i have spent some $$$ on upgrades, its my first race truck too, follow the advice,use the slash until you feel like your ready to move up. i usually finishe in the top 3 at our races.

I see you're selling the slash now. I really recommend the Losi SCTE if you sell the slash.

I feel that the losi scte is the best truck out there. I would look at one and see if you like it. Test drive one also if available.

i dont want 4x4. i wanna race 2wd stock or possibly 2wd moddified

Losi 22sct,Durango, associated sc10...........

Back