I think my picco finally broke in :)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DreamState

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Finally got to tune the truck for a couple hours today. I had a bad OWB screwing things up through out the hole 1st tank Couldn't ever get it tuned right or use it long enough to tune it right. Well after a little over a gallon I switched back to the stock OWB instead of the red dot OWB I had and a revo pullstart Untill my tiger drive gets here. Tuned for about 2 hours today and holy uncontrollable truck batman. This thing is insane. From a dead stop in loose sand punching it jumped the truck up onto the right rear tire then flipped it over sideways and slammed it on the ground. Raw power out the *ss. Now I need a two or three shoe clutch with dedicated springs though. This thing stretches springs like a fat chick bending over in spandex. That's right I went there:)

Only problems are: It will not run rich enough to keep the temps below 270-300 after hard running. If i richen it just a tinny bit like 1/16th it will stall when I slowly squeeze or mash the throttle. Pinch test for low speed needle will not go richer than 3-4 seconds or the same problem as above results, to rich. It just seems weird everyone tunes untill max performance but I have to tune it just right or it doesn't even go. But man does it go now. It was pulling tires in 1st and 2nd before but everything is so raw and violent now. Me likey:)

Last edited:
What glowplug are you running in it? You may want to try a cooler heatrange glowplug..

I'm using the ofna one recommended for this motor P/N 51007. I also have a couple A5 plugs and some old traxxas ones that came with the truck when I bought it for the 3.3, not sure what they are though. The A5 is supposed to be a really good plug for general bashing but ofna says use a long plug and the A5 is pretty short so I havn't tried it.

Back