I stripped my wheel! What should I do?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LosiFan143

RCTalk Basher
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was just doing a friendly bash/race in my yard and my Losi Tenacity TT Pro wheel stripped and I’m trying to find a replacement but I have the wheels with the yellow bead lock style and can’t find that version. I’ve also looked at pro line icons or Trencher tires. Should I invest in the pro line stuff for the removable hex or just get the silver replacements wheels? I also emailed Losi and Horizon Hobby, haven’t heard a response yet.

you don't ever glue hexs to rims. you buy correct hex and put wheel nut back on check rims regularly..

Update: I emailed Horizon Hobby and they said the only way to get my wheel was with the stock truck. Said they would see if they had any extras.

Update: HH got back 10 days later and they said the don’t have any of the stock wheels that they could send me, but he could send a set of the ”great ones”. Not sure what the great ones are for a tenacity Tt pro, but I said yes. Hopefully they will come by the time all my other eBay parts come. I‘m too impatient for the wheels so I was bashing around with the stripped wheel and broke a bunch of steering components. It’s not the wheel’s fault, just my bad driving skills Lol! I’ll post some pics of the great ones when they come in.

Update: Good news! HH said they are shipping out a full set of replacement wheels. The ‘great ones’ I’m guessing but hopefully they come by May. I’ll show some pics when they come.

Horizon ships pretty fast, unless it is coming from California and they use FedEx. Depends on where you live if course. They have a center in Illinois too that ships pretty quick.
Update: Good news! HH said they are shipping out a full set of replacement wheels. The ‘great ones’ I’m guessing but hopefully they come by May. I’ll show some pics when they come.

Yeah. I’m in Kentucky and get Pretty fast shipping from all major carriers except FedEx. The FedEx packages are almost always damage, opened, late, or even missing.

Update: the wheels came 2 weeks ago but I’ve been too busy to update. I was sent 4 of the satin wheels meant for the falken version. Took about a month to get them from the time I first emailed HH. But I got it for free!

7E1EBB2B-763F-4E9F-B124-8BCB5547B131.jpeg

Back