I need some advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brady Matthews

RCTalk Qualifier
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Boating
I have a HSP costom built brushless rock bouncer with the same drive train as a redcat everest 10 and I have had a problem with the dog bone axles breaking all the time. Are there any brand of axles that would fit this that would hold up to a 3s brushless system? The picture below shows the rock bouncer when the tire came unglued but also broke 3 of the 4 axles. 🤔

20230627_173815.jpg

You can try another brand of crawler axles. Pick the best based on measuring yours and pictures. You can also try heat treating if your comfortable.

I have a HSP costom built brushless rock bouncer with the same drive train as a redcat everest 10 and I have had a problem with the dog bone axles breaking all the time. Are there any brand of axles that would fit this that would hold up to a 3s brushless system? The picture below shows the rock bouncer when the tire came unglued but also broke 3 of the 4 axles. 🤔

View attachment 177009
Whats up bud. Are you running to stock axles? Might need to upgrade to steal ones.

I agree with @Chubaka try different dog bonesJujust messure the ones you have now end to end. Even if you find ones a mm off. You can use the springs out of a Bic pen to hold them in place. And also to take the slop out to keep them tight in the axle hub

Last edited:
The Everest came with a brushed motor and wasn't designed for the torque and speed of a brushless motor. So I don't know there is is a tougher axle.

Unless there are aftermarket parts, you can adjust your driving style, possibly reduce the weight or swap the axles.

I have tr
Whats up bud. Are you running to stock axles? Might need to upgrade to steal ones.

I agree with @Chubaka try different dog bonesJujust messure the ones you have now end to end. Even if you find ones a mm off. You can use the springs out of a Bic pen to hold them in place. And also to take the slop out to keep them tight in the axle hub
I have tried many different brands and run steel axles but I will keep trying. Thanks for the info!
ARB supposedly makes some nice stuff. They make various styles as well I believe.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3146784570...NCCKxqlTp2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
I will check them out, thanks.

Back