I need some advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the goo ought weighed the bad
43204-11.jpg

This jar will hold one qaart of goo.

Last edited:
Yes on you tube Amazon and others and there were some problems b it the goo ought weighed the bad

Okay, @Ean, did you check anywhere that they didn't sell just the truck such as a local hobby shop? Most REPUTABLE stores will be honest with you about what holds up and what doesn't if you ask them. Most that I've talked to would not recommend Redcat or Exceed and won't work on them because they can get no parts.

Amazon doesn't have the most accurate reviews and YouTube will allow just about any lie to be posted.

Do yourself a favor and learn to tune and run this rig on STORE-BOUGHT fuel (not your home brew that may or may not work). Then you can use that knowledge and get a better quality rig.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ean,

if i may, what we are trying to tell you, (with limited success), there is a reason there is no "Redcat" section on RCNT....why? because the wealth of experienced RC people on this site, have learned over time, that this brand of RC is NOT a good investment for long term use. it is perhaps a way to get into an entry level RC with a small outlay of cash. despite youtube videos, and reviews on Amazon/Ebay ect. a lot of these products are bought by kids or parents who take these rigs out of the box, turn them lose and write a review with in 20 mins of opening the package. 2 hours later when the a arms are broke, and the motor is now not working properly they find out that aftermarket support is not there. if all you want is a rig to bash till it breaks then the Redcat is a good choice. trash it and throw it way. but for those of us at RCNT that have had some time in this hobby, we have found that saving more cash, and getting a quality RC rig up front tends to lend it's self to a longer more enjoyable experience. it's your money spend it how you want. what members here are trying to tell you is it's been our experience, that brands such as Redcat, and Exceed, are poorly built, have very little if any support, and drives more people away from this hobby (bad first experience) than it brings in. i hope you have fun with your shockwave. but i think you missed the boat by not taking the advise that we gave you. you asked for an opinion, and you got more than you bargained for.

Well we will see how it holds up

So will your wallet.

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

*your parents. Reading the stuff that you type makes me thinks you're 12. I remember the retarded things is said when I was 12.

Hi there i seen that you are thinking about what RC car to buy well i bought the trophy 3.5 nitro buggy which is a brilliant off road car. and it is also one of the cheaper ones i bought my for around £300 depends where you get it from if you want to see more and see how it looks check out my youtube channel at

Last edited by a moderator:
How did I miss this glorious failure of a thread?!?!

if i were you id go with something a with a little more reputation, I own a savage 2 GS storms and a Losi Mini T, and by no means am an expert, but I've learned from others learning from their failures. The money you spend in the R/C business, dont buy something cheap just because you can, if you got to worry about the money you spend up front on the vehicle, you have more problems on your hand than you know of. Save up for something proven, and tough. and if you dont have the money to spend, or the time to machine parts, you might be in the wrong hobby. R/C cars are meant to be expensive because they are fun, and hi-tech. Just take others advice into hand when reading here, thousands of hours of expertise will tell you what you need to know.

You described The breast implant method.

He won't listen though. He's gonna do what he wants and ruin whatever he gets with his home brew.

^^^ does this noob know what a qaart is?

Back