I need help with my nitro HPI rs4 mt

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoopdoggy

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
My nitro HPI rs4 mk has two problems #1 the ripcord starter has no spring so it doesn't come back in when you pull it out. Is there a way to deal with this or does anyone know where I could find one? Question two the steering servo barely moves so I don't get much steering is there a way to fix this or do I just need to put in a new servo. Also not really a question but my throttle servo twitches and is unpredictable from up close that is normal right?

also, are there differently sized ripcords?

My nitro HPI rs4 mk has two problems #1 the ripcord starter has no spring so it doesn't come back in when you pull it out. Is there a way to deal with this or does anyone know where I could find one? Question two the steering servo barely moves so I don't get much steering is there a way to fix this or do I just need to put in a new servo. Also not really a question but my throttle servo twitches and is unpredictable from up close that is normal right?

If you never worked an fixed one ,then you are probably better off to find a new one ,E-bay would be the best bet to find one!

As far as the servo ,you may need to charge the battery in the car an if that dont work ,then it may be due for a new steering servo ,
but I would check the steering out first to make sure that nothing is binding or hendering the servo from working!

What engine is it?

WIN_20200727_10_00_19_Pro.jpg

this is the car I am finding out what the engine is right now

it is a 15fe with a better heat sink

I was trying to start it with a drill but it did nothing.

also do all ripcords fit all engines?

also do all ripcords fit all engines?

All of the pull ropes are the same size for these types of engines ,if it is only the rope broke ,you can replace it!

I am not familiure with that specific engine ,so I dont know what other brands pull starters work ,sometimes there
is others that interchange with each other from 12 to 18 size engines!

it isnt the cord that broke it just has no spring

LOL....I didnt think someone had a vid of the dreaded nightmare!....:D
I had found a few for others in the past, that was just the first one that came up I think this time. It's a hard thing to explain. I'm usually better with written directions, but for a pullstarter/clockspring... seeing makes it easier to understand.

I had found a few for others in the past, that was just the first one that came up I think this time. It's a hard thing to explain. I'm usually better with written directions, but for a pullstarter/clockspring... seeing makes it easier to understand.

Lol...Well I am glad that you stepped in on this one!......:hehe::hehe::hehe:

When you separate the pull start from the engine, does the pull start spring back. But if it doesn't has a spring in it, obviously, it won't spring back. I think you can get an HSP pull start with the 14mm hex size and check the size of the back plate as well, there are 2 sizes. Good luck. If the engine won't start, get a new one and it may be easier.

Here is some information I found about size of blackplate and hex nut size. There are more but they are for older O.S. and Kyosho engines.

100% Brand New
Rear Cover: 11011 & 11012
11011 rear cover
Applicable engine: VX SH 16 18 21 grade
Specifications: Hole distance 27MM, Hex size 12MM Or 14MM
11012 Back cover
Applicable engine: SH 28 grade
Specifications: Hole 32MM, Hex size 12MM Or 14MM

the hex size is 14 mm because we were trying to start it with a drill.

Now you need to find out the size of the backplate you need. That is the distance between 2 adjacent holes (center to center) and then you can get the right size.

is that for the sixe of the rip cord? because I still have it. I just need a spring.