I need help choosing a better shock springs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubba 26

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a revo with the 3.3 and I'm looking at new springs. But i see the ratings for springs go from 2.6 to 6.4 . Whats is good over all shock spring ?

i run the long travel suspension with the harder springs ...purple in the rear and pink in front ...i like it ;)

Thanks for the help :)

I use the green in front and tan in the rear with 40 wt oil and P2 rockers. Takes big jumps with no problem and handles great.

Well, I had slayer shocks on mine, not sure if the oil is light and disks have larger holes or what, but with white springs (had on hand), and revo arms, it was way too soft. I picked up a set of nice Hard ano'd/TiNi shocks off ebay that came with blue springs and pink springs. I run the blue in the rear and pink in the front. Along with P2 rockers and it fairs much better now at the skate park. I could stand to have the front a bit stiffer, but it does pretty good.

Not sure what oil is in those shocks though. Guessing they came off a later model revo and are "stock" for whatever version comes with these.

Back