Sold / Found I need a hard drive

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
A few months ago I sold a Compaq computer system for $50. That included the monitor. Now there's a problem with the hard drive and I need to replace it.
I have an old one, hardly used, but it's too small to put XP on.
Has anyone got a cheap HD with XP already on it that you're willing to sell?
She only uses it for games for her grandson. Any speed will do, I don't need anything fancy. I'd rather check here first before buying used on FeeBay.

I may have a 10 or 20GB HD laying around for ya Rolex. Having XP loaded would probably be a bad thing though. It loses it's activation with a motherboard swap anyway....and all the hardware will attempt to get re-detected.....and who knows how that will go. Better off just re-installing it!

I'll dig around in my pile....if 10 or 20GB is big enough...let me know.

Small is fine. Even that's more than she'll ever need. Speed doesn't matter either.
I'll just wipe it and put in a new OS.
Let me know what you want for it,

What timing. She just called me when I was typing this, and I told her I was getting her another HD for it.

I'll dig around tomorrow for ya. I have a pile of HDs ;-)

Thanks, Moto. Keep me posted. Meanwhile I'll be loaning her one of my comps and I don't like doing that. She's stuck at home, tied to oxygen, and her games are her escape, so in her case I'm willing to make an exception.

I just threw away a 40gig when i moved 3 weeks ago...... wish i had kept it now. damn.......

Bummer. In the future, anyone tossing one, toss it my way. I always need backups for people's comps.

HEy ROlex i have two you can have if you need but I just saw the post was old you probly don t need em anymore.

If you do let me know i d bring em back with me to the US and ship en in a flat rate box. If you pay the shipping they re yours.

cheers
T

I'm still waiting on anything. I'll take whatever I can get, just to keep a few spares laying around and one to get the lady up and running again. I'll certainly cover the shipping.

Anyone who has one (or more) PM me for my snail mail address and give me your PayPal addy with the shipping amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back