I must tell this story...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rndtrp

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
As many of you know, I have been looking for some time now for someone to bash or race with in the Frederick, MD area. Reluctantly one afternoon I drove to my favorite spot to run my MBX alone as I always do and to my amazement there were two other nitro'ers racing around the track. I jumped from the car and introduced myself, checked frequencies, and began preparing my buggy. As soon as my car hit the track I noticed that they stopped running theirs and just stood and talked. After a few laps I brought mine in for a quick refuel and temp test. As soon as I did they put their cars back on the track. Now I was feeling a little uneasy, so I decided it was just a coincidence and fired it back up. They heard my buggy and immediately stopped their cars and removed them from the track. Not knowing what was going on I attempted to speak to the older gentleman and he ignored me completely. These can't be people interested in the same hobby as I am I thought. After a few awkward seconds of speaking to this guy's back, I just sat in my car and watched them use the track. When I got home I sold my buggy on Ebay for next to nothing, something I regret now. My wife convinced me that not all RC'er could be this way and that I should continue with the hobby I love so much. I have a new buggy, but I'm feeling a little turned off by the whole experience. Please tell me that you guys wouldn't treat someone that way. Someone renew my faith in this hobby.

That sucks, that does not sound like the RCers I know. I enjoy meeting new people, bashing with more guys and more trucks. Sorry to hear of your bad experience, but I bet you come out to a RCNT bash and you would feel more than welcomed. Don't give up on something you love because of a few jack asses.

Are you talking to us? Huh?

Just kidding. Some people can be so rude and it is not confined just to a hobby. If you hang out on this site for a while, I think you will see that not everyone is like the two fellows you ran into.

In fact, I would say that those two were the exception. I can prove it. Today, I went to a track in my area to hook up with another member of this board. Never talked much with him, never seen him in person, in fact today was a first.

Turned out he was a pretty cool guy with a great buggy. We had some fun. Another fellow showed up, jumped on the track and joined the fun without any problems. Another couple of fellows show up with a mini-T (that is another story) and joined in.

Bottom line, the hobby is what you make of it. If two idiots are enough to scare you off, that is a shame. Give it a chance.

Heck, if you are ever down in this neck of the woods...I'll show you around and bash with you.

Hell, I'd have run it non-stop till the failsafe kicked in, then changed the batterys and hit it again.

I'd give the dude's the benifit of the doubt, until the pulled the snub crap. I know what it's like to have an unknown face show up at the track, and I will kick back and check their skills (ability to not screw up skills). But, if they come over and say hi, I'll interact with them. That's the best part is meeting new people. pricks like those guys deserve to be off the track when you're running, hell you're probably better than them, and I think you showed it.

Next time it happens, burn the nitro bro, they'll just have to get off their attitudes and deal with it. If all else fails, ask them if their Kung Fu is powerful, and if they're scared of your Kung Fu, they can hold each others hands over in the pits.

That's a crying shame. As with any other hobby, it's always nice to find someone to "play" with. Get back into the hobby and find some real people to bash with. Those two were an example of the extreme minority of the hobby. Most people involved in this hobby welcome others. If everyone only wanted to race/bash with those they knew, there would be nothing to write about when there's a sanctioned race.

Hey rndtrp.... Try to get to this years East Coast Bash... You'll be back in the R/C swing of things real quick... You'll find a whole thread dedicated to this years ECB II in the General Chaos forum...

thats a really banged up story:mad: doesn't sound like a guy i met my first time at the track. he pulled up with his lunch saw me wit a buggy and since he had one put his lunch away and immediatly came over to me and started talking and fired his up and we bashed until i broke my steering servo:dance:

Like Error had stated, I would've just run the he!! out of my ride and enjoyed your day. I run in my yard because the guys at work all have Nirto Quakes and they just run in circles and won't even bother to jump at all . I jump picnic tables or my quarter pipe and flip it over. "THIS HOBBY IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT". Don't let a few a--holes deter you from this hobby. I am so excited about this hobby. I wanted to do this for years and last year I decided to jump in and try. The guys on this site are great to talk with and give great support.

Go out and buy a truck so you can run it on any terrian, then buy some stuff from your LHS and they can hook you up with some events in your area. It's a great experience.

Good luck and if you need help you know where we are located.
Hope to see you on this site soon with a new purchase.

I'm really sorry to hear that story.

I for one and honestly happy to randomly find someone else who enjoys nitro rc. It doesn't happen very often outside the hobby shop unless you go to an actual rc track.

I promise you those people are not at all the normal. They are just a few left-wing a$$holes who for some ignorant reason can't share a track at the same time as someone who's not in their group.

I say f-em.

No matter what you do in life you'll come accross people like that, it's a shame that some have to be so closed minded, but that's just the way the world turns.

Next time you go out there run your buggy all you want. If they want to act like a couple of 5 year olds then that's their problem. They'll be the one missing out on quality bash time, not you.

F the stuck up bastards. I would have handled it like this...

bushfinger.jpg

AHAHAHA that's so great! That's my new wallpaper!

In case any of you were wondering, GWB is aiming that at the 911 committee.

Even when those two DORKS were kids in school, their teachers sent home notes that said, "Does not play well with others."

Half the fun of this hobby is talking to other guys with the same interests and exchanging ideas and stories. I've often driven 22 miles to the club flying field after loading up the car and setting up my planes, only to end up packing it up at dusk without even flying. It's ALL about the friendship and the fellowship between members. We ALL go out of our way to make visitors or newbies feel totally welcome. The same holds true at the track.

Get another buggy, and if you ever run into those DORKS again, just ignore them....They are not worthy of what you have to offer.

The other guy SkyMaxx is talking about is me and although we have corresponed via this forum numerous times, we had never met until today. The meeting was about as casual as you could get. We are both in the military and I would venture that I might have more years in, he far outranks me. But, we left that at the door and it was all about the hobby, good conversation and kicking up some dust (trust me, it was alot of dust). Sky was right, they were the exception. Keep the faith brother and remember, "If you race it........they will come".

We've corresponded numerous times? I never talk to anyone...you must have me confused with someone else. =devil

As for dust...dude, I am still finding dust in places it shouldn't be, but it was a ton of fun.

You're right Sky, must have been those guys with the Mini-T I was talking too. You remember the Mini-T don't you? You never did finish that story. Tell the fellas how it feels to be a nitro bully. LOL - that was too much). Funny thing is, after I left the track, I stopped in at the base LHS and picked up some fuel and told the guy I had just left the track. He asked if I had seen the guys with the Mini-T and I told him yeah. He said that he told those guys to watch out for the MT's, be careful around them.
No kidding, he really said that. I told them what you did and he laughed.

heh, that actually does sound like most of the LHS workers I've had the pleasure of meeting in the last few days. I had to practically grab a guy by his collar this morning to get him to get some fuel for me from behind the counter - he didn't already know my name so obviously I wasn't a customer. Jackass.

I know how you feel, bud. Watchin people come in the door and get the stuff they wanted while the jerks at the shop ignored me and everything I said or asked them had me a little more than PO'd when I finally did get to leave.

There's turds in every toilet. :hehe:

rndtrp, you would not have been treated that way around us. There is always room for another. It takes all types of individuals to make up this world but I can assure you that you have met up with the only 2 poeple in the hobby that would treat you that way.

CNself i had the same problem my first time at my LHS. The guys that worked there were helping everyone but me. finally i got ones attention and got my $70 worth of stuff. now everytime i go right wen i walk in the door one guy will ask what he can get me and explains all kinds of stuff.

Thanks

I wish some of you were within 50 miles of my house. I'd be willing to travel at least that far to bash with you guys. I found out that the two guys were employees from my LHS. I just knew I hated going in there. See you on the track.

That's unbelievable. They worked at the LHS? If I were you, I'd find another hobby shop to spend my money in. If there isn't another one near you, call that store and ask to speak to the owner. Tell him how you were ignored by them at the track and that you will no longer do business in his store because of it.
Don't give your name, and he won't know who you are the next time you go in there. You'll be treated right because he will have said something to them, and they will now have an 'adjusted attitude.'

Back