I love my wife

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flm_savage

Hardcore RCTalk User
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
To start off, i have never been impressed with the lhs's around here. One is clean and has alot of traxxas parts but their prices can be shocking on some items. The second place has poor lighting, one guy working who isn't the best at customer service and doesn't seem to be all that kept up. He does however normally have the oddball stuff that i need. I needed a 9T pinion for my crawler but i didn't need it until today so i called the first hobby shop LAST monday and ordered one. They said it would be in later that week. I call back on friday and they said it hasn't made it in but it will be there monday. Ok, i can deal with that. I would have appreciated a phone call but whatever. No call monday so i call them tuesday and they say they will look into it and call me back. No call back. I call them wednesday and they say its on backorder and they don't know when they can get it. :angry: Now i am hot. I could have ordered one online last week and had it in days ago and now the truck is nearing completion and i don't have a stinkin pinion.

I call the other hobby shop just hoping he has something. He says yeah i have a 12, 14, and 19T 32P pinion here. :D:D:D

I call the wife to see if she can go pick it up and 10 minutes later i get a picture message with her holding it. WOOOOOOO

My wife rocks

Glad to see that it worked out for ya. You seemed PISSED yesterday.

i was. i don't get mad very much but poor customer service on something simple like that really gets to me.

Yea, with the couple years I've known ya, I haven't seen you that pissed ever. I'm the same way, I just can't stand when people lie to me. Especially businesses.

Yea, with the couple years I've known ya, I haven't seen you that pissed ever. I'm the same way, I just can't stand when people lie to me. Especially businesses.

Especially when they make you pre-pay to order something and tell you that it will be there that week. I find it amazing that they didn't know it was on backorder until 10 days after they ordered it. The guy said he would call me back today..... We'll see. I can deal with the guy at the other lhs. At least he gives it to you straight. Either he has it or he doesn't. :hehe:

i am just ready to run this dang truck!!

Don't tell anyone but i rolled it around on the floor last night and crawled over some pillows with it.

Don't tell anyone but i rolled it around on the floor last night and crawled over some pillows with it.

Did you make engine and shifting sounds?

I would never order an item through an LHS. I see no reason for them to order it when I can do the same and get it delivered to my door.

Did you make engine and shifting sounds?

^^:hehe:

I would never order an item through an LHS. I see no reason for them to order it when I can do the same and get it delivered to my door.

I do just the opposite. I drive three hours round trip to support my LHS. Reason being, he's one of the few I've dealt with at local shops who knows his poop, and gives a crap about his customers. I've seen him make things right, out of his own pocket, that was clearly a screw up on a manufacturers part, just to keep a customer happy, and so their first venture into the hobby doesn't leave a bad taste in their mouth. Plus, I just try and buy local when I can, because I know that money stays here, instead of getting absorbed into some huge corporation that doesn't even know my name. Just my own personal values though, nothing more.

I'm with hpi. It's close, but the guys at my Lhs are a great crew.

I consider AMain my LHS. It's a good 2.5 hour drive one way so it's far more convenient and cost effective to order on-line from them.

The LHS in my town sucks. I think I have more parts in my workshop than he carries in stock. Plus you need to drop your pants when you go in so it's easier for him to rape you with the prices.

I love her too.

My wife, that is :)

I'm a big supporter of my LHS as well. If I just need a couple parts, I'll usually order from them. They can make a buck, and I can save $10 on shipping. However, if I need a large order, I'll order online, where the shipping equals out. These guys are really nice, and with the exception of the one or two who act like they know everything, (but don't know anything) they are pretty good about helping me solve my issues and answering my questions. For that, they deserve my business.

However, I am a very customer service oriented guy, and if I get bad service, I have no problem dropping a company with no regrets.

^^I can understand that Rob, and like I said, I've been to more than my share of bad ones all over the country too. The total opposite of your, and FLM's experiences is what won me over. Me and the owner actually became good friends, and still are. Been buying there for 11 years now. I just found out I get my five year bonus this year, so I'm sure a nice little chunk of it will go his way. I've been getting heli fever again lately, and I'm not sure if that's a :) or a :(.....:hehe:

there is only one hobby shop (other than andy's hobbytown) that i have been impressed with. It was a little mom and pop shop in tyler, texas. Great place and fair prices.

I have been to a few dozen and most were pretty bad. The worst was when i called the a shop to get a part, he said he had it so i left early on a saturday morning and drove 3 hours to his shop. When i got there he said oh nooo, i don't have it, but i can get it. :(

I am all online now for 99% of my stuff. I will give one lhs a little business since he helped me out this time.

One is clean and has alot of traxxas parts but their prices can be shocking on some items.

The second place has poor lighting, one guy working who isn't the best at customer service and doesn't seem to be all that kept up.

The first one must be Big Boys toys and the second Kajun Rc....They are what I would have to consider my LHS's and both suck!

I am all online now for 99% of my stuff. I will give one lhs a little business since he helped me out this time.

Thats what I do..screw store front hobby shops!

I consider AMain my LHS. It's a good 2.5 hour drive one way so it's far more convenient and cost effective to order on-line from them.

The LHS in my town sucks. I think I have more parts in my workshop than he carries in stock. Plus you need to drop your pants when you go in so it's easier for him to rape you with the prices.

Amain is my LHS now as well. My LHS closed up almost 2 years ago. It was my Cheers. I am with Rob... I can order, and it is on my doorstep in a couple of days from the west coast even. Can't argue with that. I miss the friendships the most from the closing of my LHS... the parts are still easy to get.

I love my wife too! Even though she hates my hobby!

My wife hates my hobby as well. Gets all butt hurt whenever I spend a day racing.

mine is cool with it. i try to help out around the house alot when i am home so if i spend a day out crawling then she is cool.

I've been to a couple of the hobby shops in Tyler and have had pretty good experience in both. I wasn't able to get to my usual haunts because I was visiting my folks in East Texas.

My 'Ol lady would go with me to the field whenever I went. A few of the other wives went and sometimes we would cook out. She seemed to enjoy it. Well she didn't bitch about going most of the time anyway.

I ordered something from the lhs in town a couple of years ago. "Be here next week." That went on for a month, so I ordered it on-line. Had it here in 3 days and that was from CA.

Pisses me off when they tell me, "I can order it for you."
This here modern technology is pretty cool. Since they came out with that www. thing, I can order it as easy as they can.
And they act like they are doing you a favor when they tell ya that crap. Don't do me any favors.

2 other guys gave me their phone number, "call me if ya need anything." One of them never would call me back. Got hold of the other on the phone. He was going to meet me at his house. Waited on him for over an hour. Just sitting there with a dumb look on my face. :angry:
None of em will get a dime from me.

I've got about an hour drive. 2 pretty good hobby stores about a mile apart.
Sux. The town they are in is about 1/4 the size of the one I live in.

Done got me started. That reminds me...
I need to make an order.

Back