I Love Going Home For Lunch

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPIguy

Durability Tester
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
And finding little brown boxes on my porch waiting on me
rockwoot.gif
More to come as they arrive..........

rS4vt.jpg

Hell ya I love getting packages, its better than christmas

Packages by the front door is like XMas morning. Little piece of paper stuck to your door that tells you they are sorry they missed you because they need a signature. Not so much. LOL

Lmao that's the worst feeling in the world
Packages by the front door is like XMas morning. Lttle piece of paper stuck to your door that tells you they are sorry they missed you because they need a signature. Not so much. LOL

Packages by the front door is like XMas morning. Little piece of paper stuck to your door that tells you they are sorry they missed you because they need a signature. Not so much. LOL

Yep, same here, it's like a reward for surviving another day at the cube farm. Living in a really small town has a few advantages, my UPS guy knows me by name, so he'll just call me to make sure it's OK to leave it, and to give me a heads up. He usually pulls the door mat over it, or hides it behind the bike for me. :D

Everybody loves candy

0DUtW.jpg

I took the easy route and bought the kill switch instead of building one, work and school are crazy right now, so I needed the time worse than the money. Hopefully get it installed tomorrow night.

g9hcG.jpg

Came home for lunch today also. All my stuff showed up just in time. I get to run my Baja tomorrow with all my new goodies in 80 degree weather, hell yeah!!

GEyyN.jpg

I have a couple more small items that I'll be getting, but for the most part, this is it for a while. Warm weather is here, tax season is rapidly winding down, and it's time to shift my attention and finances towards thing's that require a helmet (aside from riding the bus :p:)

Silverback Ultra HD lipped bead lock rings. After mounting up my Hostiles, I should have gotten the inner rings too, oh well, next order I guess.

42HXL.jpg

Also, I was inspired by Olds mod for the dang amount of grass and crap that the flywheel fan pulls in. A little window screen folded over and doubled up, and some goop, I already had both here on hand, so it was free.

IAmnJ.jpg

kvz1F.jpg

Looks good. I too am awaiting on a package from DDM. Hostile MX hard compond tires and a silencer for my ddm v1 pipe. Its scaring my 2 year old boy when it gets close to him. He's not scared of my t max or jato. Figure the silencer should be good. On when I want it quiet, off when I want to make a little noise. Now if winter would just leave....

The good news about the Baja is that cold weather doesn't affect them nearly as much as the nitro powered stuff.

Yea I know they work good in the cold, I've had mine out a few times. But limited to were I can go due to all the snow on the ground, plus I don't like all the clean up after its full of snow. Just find it more fun in the summer. This is my first 1/5 scale rc, and am looking forward to running it once the snow is gone. Although the spring flood forcast is telling me I should have bought a 1/5 scale boat instead!!! Lol

Pontoons and paddles for the Baja, maybe?

^^:hehe:

Speaking of water, I decided to break in that new drill I bought today by tearing the Baja down to check the tranny and diff (the drill was so much easier), and I'm glad I did. I think the PO was planning on a flood, cause the entire tranny case was packed full of grease.

Nasty

6IdXx.jpg

zy3Za.jpg

Aaaah, much better

CleJq.jpg

I cleaned and re filled my diff with 5K fluid, which I think is too light, but I'm going to wait till I make an order to get something heavier.

I was shocked at how beefy and nice the stock diff is

VgvtL.jpg

I also made some suspension changes to help try and get the car to rotate in the corner. While I was in there, I used Rob's idea and trimmed about 3mm off the rear sway bar as well. I have a few more big things that I want, then I can just kick back and enjoy it.

I see all the pictures of the packages which are very nice and my opinion is this in these packages is that these packages are the good enough.