I let the wife drive...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huggybear87

RCTalk Racer
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
15625A7C-F963-4ABB-B5E8-CC3DC73EF313-5194-0000145329CD83AB_zps8569407a.jpg

E1585827-71C9-4E78-BAE1-8D213288A385-5194-000014531F29591C_zpsd70dc9b9.jpg

F3C3A74B-4E04-49FF-8C44-0EC5A22D2453-5194-000014531307B166_zps247f6e6a.jpg

Bent chassis, broken suspension arms...

The carnage isn't too bad. A little duct tape and it'll be fine. lol

Haha I let mine drive my maxx once.....
$90 in parts later

"I let the wife drive"

That was your first mistake :D JK, I used to have a friend in TX, she was big into RC, and was a pretty damn good racer too.

Maybe you're just "that bad" :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Solution:

Build her one of her own, a more mild mannered critter to learn on.

All of my kits are quite fast, most of them way overpowered and very intimidating for a new operator. So I built the wife a nice, mellow Associated B3 with a 2S powering a 17T brushed motor so she could get the hang of it without trying to manage something that spits rocks from the tires with enough velocity to crack windshields.

SANY0142_zps2724dee1.jpg

You guys crack me up...
Chassis straightened out alright, just need to get a new pair of suspension arms and put it all back together. In all honesty she was doing really well... Until a car pulled into our street and scared her... Then it was hard right into gutter/curb

You guys crack me up...
Chassis straightened out alright, just need to get a new pair of suspension arms and put it all back together. In all honesty she was doing really well... Until a car pulled into our street and scared her... Then it was hard right into gutter/curb

That's much better than getting run over, you'd have much more then some busted arms!

Wish I cold talk my wife into just taking the remote and give driving an RC a try. LOL. She always says I don't understand why you guys have so much fun with those things. I just look at her and make this face:p:

That's much better than getting run over, you'd have much more then some busted arms!

You definatly have a point there!
She was so upset when it happened and all I could say was oh well now you can't yell at me next time I have a whoops moment :D

Wish I cold talk my wife into just taking the remote and give driving an RC a try.

Got something mellow she can try? Mine really had no interest when all there was were my stupid fast kits: Too intimidating. But I took it upon myself to build her that brushed B3, and she enjoys it now. That buggy isn't slow by any means, plenty of punch and 28MPH top speed on 2S. But it's nothing like all my nitro kits, my 62 MPH gold pan, my I-don't-even-know-how-fast brushless RC10GT buggy conversion, etc.

Mine cars my friends and I (we avidly race competitively) LITTLE CAR PEOPLE! lol! I'm sure that is somehow not politically correct.

Back