I have a Traxxas T-maxx.. help :( NOOB ALERT!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pull start is 20$ its lighter all you depend on is your glow plug igniter.
if the batt is dead in the easy start you can't start the truck

pull start is 20$ its lighter all you depend on is your glow plug igniter.
if the batt is dead in the easy start you can't start the truck

Yeah but this truck has been bashed and its a bit fooked. I don't think I can rely on my mechanics to use a pull start. Do you know if I have a 2.5 or a 3.3?

blahey!!!!!!!! CLEAN WITH A TOOTH BRUSH AND WATER, (just grab your girlfriends off the counter and use that)

Last edited:
You guys can't figure out that that's a .15? Haha, I have a t-maxx 2.5, and this truck is obviously a classic .15 truck.. the suspension is not near as wide as the 2.5-3.3 so you've gotta have a .15 classic.. the engine looks different than the others also..
But my GOD. That thing is dirty as HELL. Good luck cleaning that man.. best thing to do is get an air compressor and spray the hell outta that bitch!! good luck :D

Get a manual! Don't mess with changing the ez start. It works fine. If yours is broke, it's cheap to fix. Get a MANUAL and search the net. It sounds like your new to rc, so take your time and be patient. The more info you read, the better off you'll be.

Get a manual! Don't mess with changing the ez start. It works fine. If yours is broke, it's cheap to fix. Get a MANUAL and search the net. It sounds like your new to rc, so take your time and be patient. The more info you read, the better off you'll be.

the easy start isent broke he doesent have the batt, batt charger or the black thaing

i know what mine says i was showing him where it would say on his

Don't give advice that's over his head. He's obviously new to this so he doesn't need to put a pull start on a machine he hasn't even started yet. The electric start will save him grief. A wand, bat and charger can be picked up for under $60.

Okay. first advice on this site I can give you is anything qaart says, don't listen to him.

As far as your maxx, it looks like it was taken care of except of the dirt. The engine looks to be in very good condition and looks like it wasn't overheated. It is the classic version of the maxx, but looks to be one of the last batches they made due to the fact of the color of the cooling head.

As far as cleaning goes, spray it with some simple green and let it soak in for a minute and then spray it off with an air compressor. anything else, scrub with a toothbrush.

And your EZ starter, it it the battery you lost or the wand (part that plugs into it that turns over the motor?) if it is the wand, let me know and I can send you one if you cover shipping. But i would advise you just go and buy a pull starter. It may be a little frustrating at first when you don't know how to tune but saves weight off your truck and is a good choice.

Bottom line though, is you have a truck that is 5 +/- years old and is outdated. There are parts on that truck you can not get any more and you will have to switch to the newer version if/when you break parts.

Okay. first advice on this site I can give you is anything qaart says, don't listen to him.

As far as your maxx, it looks like it was taken care of except of the dirt. The engine looks to be in very good condition and looks like it wasn't overheated. It is the classic version of the maxx, but looks to be one of the last batches they made due to the fact of the color of the cooling head.

As far as cleaning goes, spray it with some simple green and let it soak in for a minute and then spray it off with an air compressor. anything else, scrub with a toothbrush.

And your EZ starter, it it the battery you lost or the wand (part that plugs into it that turns over the motor?) if it is the wand, let me know and I can send you one if you cover shipping. But i would advise you just go and buy a pull starter. It may be a little frustrating at first when you don't know how to tune but saves weight off your truck and is a good choice.

Bottom line though, is you have a truck that is 5 +/- years old and is outdated. There are parts on that truck you can not get any more and you will have to switch to the newer version if/when you break parts.

Thanks for all your help guys, it definately is old, i'm 17 now and last used this back when I was around 12 lol. I only have a controller and truck, I remember losing something that went into the back of the truck to start it which I believe is what is known as a starter motor and I think the charger to charge the starter motor.

Is there a tutorial on how to install a pull start?

Installing a pull start will be pretty self explanatory. Just make sure the one-way bearings installed the right way. Again, you should be able to find exploded views of this procedure on a traxxas site or else where on the net. I still think ditching the ez start is a waste of time, especially if losi is gonna hook you up with a wand. If it's not broke, why monkey with it? The weight, yeah, I can understand that if you were racing competitively. For bashing, it wont matter a bit. Besides, pull starters just plain suck.

Besides, pull starters just plain suck.

That is all a matter of opinion. Some will ague that the EZ start was the best and some the pull start and even go on about how the rotostart is the best. I like pull starts because if my battery is dead, it doesn't stop me from going out and bashing. It will tell me if my battery is dead and so on. It generally spins the motor quicker as well making a nice tuned engine always start up quicker.

Let me know if you want the starter.

Back