I have a Traxxas T-maxx.. help :( NOOB ALERT!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B16 VAS

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey I'm very new to this I currently have a Traxxas T-maxx RC car and I know nothing about it.

I'm trying to clean it but by taking everything apart and have no clue what anything is, what it does or how to clean it. I took the air filter out and cleaned it and made sure nothing got into the carburettor. How do I get the wheels off, what tool would remove them?

Also I have lost something, I beleive its called a starter motor but I'm not sure, I basically only have the car and the controller, what else is needed apart from petrol etc... to run it?

Many thanks, John Vas

Pics to follow soon :D

On our main page, click on our sponsor link for "Team FastEddy". On his site you can download and print out the entire Traxxas manual for your car.

Rolex Strikes again! With his worthy knowledge on taking things apart ;)

Cheers guys now I need to find the tools on the net to get everything off :(

Wheres the best place to buy a new shell for my car or what am I looking for size wise and what keywords do I type in to search for them? Thanks.

just go buy a small tool set and a small screwdriver set and allen wreches

just go buy a small tool set and a small screwdriver set and allen wreches

Cheers will search for allen wrenches sizes 8+ I believe I read. How do I know if my car is a 2.5 or 3.3?

is it silver or blue blue is 3.3 silver is 2.5 also u can look on the side down low it will say 2.5 or 3.3

really you could buy a starter set they range iin price from 15 to 30 they have a tool to take off wheels and most of the nuts and bolts and has 2 screwdrivers a fuel bottle and a glow plug igniter

is it silver or blue blue is 3.3 silver is 2.5 also u can look on the side down low it will say 2.5 or 3.3

really you could buy a starter set they range iin price from 15 to 30 they have a tool to take off wheels and most of the nuts and bolts and has 2 screwdrivers a fuel bottle and a glow plug igniter

wow, nice one, where can I get all this from mate, any recommended websites? :D cheers

what color is the cooling head

blue... I'm colour blind though so may be purple lol

i know raidentech.com has them but i dont know if they can shipp to u
and tower hobbies has them pretty much any where that sells these cars

Heres a pic of it, also any UK based sites? Any idea what model my car is anyone? 3.3 or 2.5? Also what's the difference between the two?

i might be wroung but that might be a upgraded engine did u buy it new or used

i might be wroung but that might be a upgraded engine did u buy it new or used

used off a mate, he paid £500 I paid £200 was a long time ago just got it from my other house so has been neglected for a good 3 years.

more pics:

DSC00217.gif

DSC00218.gif

DSC00221.gif

DSC00227.gif

DSC00229.gif

DSC00230.gif

Last edited:
take the body off and take the dirt off the side of the engine down low

ok that is a stock engine I'm still trying to figure out what it is
does it have easy start

or its a os engine thats what it looks like I'm trying to find out

take the body off and take the dirt off the side of the engine down low

ok that is a stock engine I'm still trying to figure out what it is
does it have easy start

or its a os engine thats what it looks like I'm trying to find out

sorry whats easy start :(

DSC00231.gif

DSC00232.gif
DSC00233.gif

I also have a controller and a can of fuel. No starter motor etc...

Back