I Have A Kyosho Inferno

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darryl1980

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What Brand Of Nitro Fuel Would Be The Best For It?

is the buggy new or did you get it used? usually fuel preference is based on what you local hobby store carries. i used traxxas in my savage until the store dropped it and picked LOSI and Dynamite. just look to make sure the fuel has the right oil % your buggy was recommended to use

my buggy is used.

the buggy had new sleeve and piston installed recently?

so it pretty much a new engine.

Then I go back to the first question. What does your lhs keep in stock?

Byrons or odonnell would be the best picks IMO

the buggy had new sleeve and piston installed recently?

so it pretty much a new engine.

I'd run what the last owner ran or as close to that as I could get. At least the same nitro and oil %.

the buggy has a new piston and sleeve.

so it is pretty much a brand new engine.

the buggy has a new piston and sleeve.

so it is pretty much a brand new engine.

No, the piston and sleeve are new, not the rest of the engine. Fuel runs through more than the cylinder.

Darryl, you keep asking for advice, you keep asking for our input, yet you don't listen to what we have to say. I can tell you to run Byron's, and you'll post the next day that you bought Traxxas fuel.

If you are going to ask, you need to at least listen. I may not know as much as some of these guys, but many of them know alot, and offer great advice. If you don't take that advice, it's at your own risk.

the previous owner ran 20% in it.

20% what? What brand? 20% O'Donnels is different from 20% Byron's

20% Bryons.

can i buy 20% byrons on ebay?

i doubt it...check with your LHS to see if they have it. if not, maybe the can order it for you. worst case is your ordering it from Tower or anothe big box hobby store

i will check with my local hobby store.

You'll get nailed on shipping with fuel. Haz mat. It was expensive last time I did it, and that was the spring of '01. A lot has changed since then.

so my best bet is to check with my local hobby store?

I would recommend not to buy fuel online, if you want the 1 gallon bottles, you can only by the gallons by 4, which means $120 for 4 gallons of fuel, or you can buy them by quarts which wont last you very long. Go to the hobby shop and by your fuel there.

thank you for your advice on the fuel thing.

Back