I Got It!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpinehyperlite

Original RCNT Nutswinger
Supporter
Police
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Finally got my crawler. Just got back from the shop with it.
AX-10 Kit
JR Racing Z650M High Torque servo
Rooster Crawler ESC with Novac 55t expert motor
$410.00

Will post pics as the build starts.
Starts in

Last edited:
Great Job, congratulations! It's a very simple build, the only thing I'm having trouble with is running the wires. If you don't have a low center of gravity battery tray, that's the first thing that you need to get. That's what will take it from a general trail truck to a crawler in one step.

That's great, Alpine. I'm starting to itch something awful since I saw they are now available in hard orange ano.

(He's off line. I'll bet he's knee deep in tools and parts. Lucky guy)

I bet any money he threw away the instructions and got it all together only to find he has an extra screw. What does he do then I ask? That guy is lucky. I enjoy seeing people happy but I have to admit I may be a hint jelious.

Likewise. I'm on limited time before I clear off the desk and spread out the parts.

Shhhhh, don't disturb him. He's setting up his gear mesh now.

Nope, he's threading end links. I haven't threaded as many end links on my 14 other RC's together as I did on that axial, it was never ending.

Isn't that pretty painstaking? Its for an RC so its a different pain. The kind of pain you go through then when you're done, you ask yourself what can I do now? Inflict the pain back on the RC hehehe.

Oh My God. This build is annoying as hell. I got everything set up, except....... THESE DAMN BEADLOCK TIRES!!! WTF!?!?!?! I just can't get them. Going to bed. Hopefully my aching fingers will let me do it in the morning. Or later on in the morning..

ok. just couldnt sleep. had to finish. Worst part of the build was the beadlocks. Those things are hard as hell to set into their groove. Thank god for youtube tutorials. Just got out of the shower after climbing on some firewood. Was very impressed with the runtime. I got like 26 minutes out of an 1800 nicad. Goodnight/morning, see yall in a few hours.

Hey man, it's great to hear! The beadlocks were a pain, but I was using the Pro-Line hammer tires, and I think they must have been easer than the axials, because one I did the first one and realized how to do it, the other three weren't bad. But I have the beadlocks on the baja, so I've had plenty of practice.

LMAO!!!
He did an all-nighter!

Congrats, alpinehyperlite. I've had the same problem with new ones. You don't want to stop, and when you do, you can't sleep.
Let's hear it:
My name is alpinehyperlite and I am an R/C addict.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person whom his RC's keep him awake at night.

I second that statement. I am kept up Just wondering what I will do tomorrow with my RC.

I must say. This thing has a whooping top speed of 6mph!!! But it is still one of the funnest RC's that i have ever driven. I have pretty much crawled up, or attempted to crawl up everything at my house. Its just so damn torque'y. I feel like i could pull up a stump with this beast.
I am alpinehyperlite and i have an RC problem. (sigh) but it is a problem that myself and my loved ones have to live with, for i have brought this upon myself.

I must say. This thing has a whooping top speed of 6mph.

That's where the brushless comes in. You'll still have more power and more torque on the bottom end, but you'll have amazing wheelspeed as well, about as fast as a stock ruster, but with all that bottom end. I didn't expect my crawler to drift, but it shocked me, the power along with the precision throttle control is unbelievable.

So it was hard to tell alpine, are you liking the crawler or not really? I think I might have an extra axle plate so that you can mount a battery on the front axle, but I think your best bet is to go with a saddle pack until you get LiPo. You have all those 1/18 cars with 2/3 batteries, so you could take one of those battery packs and split it in half to put one pack on each side of the servo in the front. I'll post some links. If you can run LiPo with that setup, that's the way to go. I'll do some research on the power combo that you got, but I'm running a maxamps 2000 mah 2S pack, and I'm getting well over an hour on the on battery, and it's only three inches long.

I'm loving it. Its running just fine at the speed it is. Reminds me of the 1.1 scale trucks when they are crawling. For now i just got a 1800 venom stick pack velcro'd to the rear axle. Its working just fine for me as of now. I just dont have anything major to crawl on yet, but I'm keeping my eyes open. The rooster esc can handle a lipo, but I'm just not quite ready to make that leap yet.

One problem. When I'm turning Left, it picks up the front wheel.And when climbing an incline, i does the same. Any advise how to fix this?

It sounds like a suspension issue. I'm running the high clearance links, and I don't think that they would affect this, but I don't have that problem at all. However I have my battery on the front end, but it's LiPo and doesn't way much. You could take that 1800 6 cell pack, and solder it so that there is 3 cells on each side, and put them on each side of the servo over the front axle.