i got a new servo for an rc car, but its bigger than the stock one, how do i mount it?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kadenw968

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
8A2E4C3A-6B9C-427B-AA6F-D9C4B81D6FD1.jpeg

since it’s bigger i doesn't fit into the stock mounting place.

the only way i can think is cutting off the two mounts on the left, if i do that i could also drill small holes for the screws on this bar
3835EA87-0B42-413B-B033-BCBF49B84F82.jpeg
so there are left side mounts for the servo

You bought a standard servo. You need a mini servo it looks like to me. Measure the servo and order correct size.

dont cut stuff off he told you to cut wrong ones anyway. order correct size and sweep amount
I would never cut a piece off a chassis next to a brace. bulkhead and type of chassis stiffener. just my 1 Cent worth

Last edited:
You bought a standard servo. You need a mini servo it looks like to me. Measure the servo and order correct size.
it doesn't use a standard servo or a micro servo, it uses something in between, and i can't find anything thats the same size online
B8BD2078-7D83-45F4-9B6A-DD8C7B0CD312.jpeg
509C0723-0D0C-43FA-80F4-DBF9CA03FC36.jpeg

look on amazon just looked there's many search was ,mini servo..383 results

look on amazon just looked there's many search was ,mini servo..383 results
can you link one? most of them arent the right size, the base of the motor should be 31 mm x 16.6mm

go to servo city .put in you numbers then you can make a file folder with what servos will work. Sorry not doing your work!

go to servo city .put in you numbers then you can make a file folder with what servos will work. Sorry not doing your work!
ig i found one on amazon but it seems cheap, ill try it tho
Dilwe RC Servo,Metal Gear Waterproof Servo RC Upgrade Accessory for 1/16 1/14 1/12 RC Car Deformation Model https://a.co/d/aBPDP6w