I couldn't help myself.........

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrobuzzard

Useless NOOB!!
Reaction score
Neither here...nor there...but everywhere
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
It wasn't my fault! Honestly.....LOL

Here's a few pics of one I picked up yesterday.

It's the Schweizer 300 from Century. Electronics are full JR, using the 410t gyro as well. I also installed a set of Heli-max floats. This was my first attempt eveer for flying on/off water.

I'm uploading the vid as I type and will post a link as soon as it's finished.

Enjoy.....

Last edited:
That looks great.

When I was buying mine today, there were four or five guys working on or flying nitro helis near my hobby shop. It was pretty impressive to see what they could do with them. One guy was flying his around upside down and doing all kinds of cool stuff. After my first attempt at flying today, I have a great deal of respect for those of you who have mastered these things enough to do that. Now take it one step and do it from the water...you are a brave man with such an expensive toy.

Me, I'll stick to riding to and from the aircraft carrier in a real plane.

Great pics and look forward to seeing the vid.

Thanks Sky, I can't do any of the cool stuff as of yet. I actually think I'll stick to the scale flying and leave the 3D up to the pilots with more money than me...LOL

It's a big vid, 94 MB I believe.

Here's the link.......56K beware!!

[ame]http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c364/Nitrobuzzard/Videos/?action=view&current=20070630190912.flv[/ame]

Here's a link to a smaller vid, it's diffferent than the first....

[ame]http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c364/Nitrobuzzard/Videos/?action=view&current=20070630191225.flv[/ame]

-NB

Last edited:
Just finished watching the vid. For 94MB it sure didn't take long to load up on my end. Pretty cool. The whole time, I was thinking how were you planning to get it back...and then you took it off and landed on dry land.

Did you have a back up plan in case it stalled?

Actually, the thought never crossed my mind.....but, I have a kayak so it wouldn't have been too bad........LOL

Got a 2nd vid uploaded now....

-NB

Just finished watching it. What was with the hippity-hop turn while you were landed?

What was the "Wheeeew" at the end of the 1st vid? LMAO. I know how you felt.
Also, I noticed in your hippity hop turn that your floats aren't rigid, but appear to be soft inflatables. Are they?

What was the "Wheeeew" at the end of the 1st vid? LMAO. I know how you felt.
Also, I noticed in your hippity hop turn that your floats aren't rigid, but appear to be soft inflatables. Are they?

I was so glad when I got it back to dry land...lol....flying off the water is really different. Because the water "moves" from the rotor wash, it doesn't give a solid lift like taking off from the ground. Also, the heli seems to drop a little quicker, although that could've been the pilot on that....

Yea there inflatables. I'm not real crazy about them, they seem to be doing fine but I would much rather have a more rigid type. These were included in with the heli when I bought it so I'll use them until I pop one...LOL

Do you know anyone that makes a "solid" type float??

-NB

I'm in the process of making a pair. Well, I've been in the process for almost 2 years. Rigid insulation styro from Home depot. It's the carving and shaping that's really, really messy, so I keep putting it off. After they are shaped, I have cloth and fiberglass resin to coat them with. One of these days she'll see water.

Very cool, someday I might have that kind of talent but for now I'll stick to my Lama. Flying upside down is neat but its cool if you can get it over your head and bring it back down safely.

Very cool....whats that make 4 now??? Nice vids.....keep em coming..;0

Very cool....whats that make 4 now??? Nice vids.....keep em coming..;0

Thanks Talon......yep this one made #4...

Tonight I finished putting the MD530 fuselage on my Raptor 50. I left the rocket launchers off so that my buddy and me wouldn't have identical heli's....I would post a few pics of it but it's just like the MD530 build-up I just did...LOL

I've got one bird left that's not got a scale fuse on it and that's my Raptor 30. I'm looking for one to fit it but haven't found any I like thus far...

Hoping to have a few vids of the 530's by the end of the week maybe...

-NB

Well as luck would have it....and pilot error.....I flipped it upside down today in the pond..........ROFL

I was going to lift off and didn't get off the water far enough before I started to feed forward cyclic into it. The heli was off the water a few inches but when I give it forward cyclic, it tilted down a little too much, the floats hit the water and over it went...LOL...it was funny to see it floating upside down. I should've cut the throttle as soon as I seen it start to tip but it happened so fast my brain didn't work quick enough.

Managed to get it out, head unit covered in mud, and dry everything out. I rinsed everything off with the garden hose before the mud/clay had a chance to start drying. I oiled/greased everything and had to dis-assemble my servos/receiver to get them working again. Only thing I lost was my gyro, but that's alright as I didn't like the one that was on it to begin with. I got another gyro, Futuba GY401, and tested everything out. Flew 2 tanks through it and it flew like a new one. And yes, I went back to the water with it on the 2nd tank....lol

The ONLY thing that really irritates me about the whole incident is I didn't get it on video, not even a pic of it.....oh well, I'm not going to do it again to get those....LOL

-NB

Last edited:
Well as luck would have it....and pilot error.....I flipped it upside down today in the pond..........ROFL
The ONLY thing that really iritates me about the whole incident is I didn't get it on video,

Bummer. We're all about seeing maximum carnage. Try it again.

Cool vid I've thought abt buying a heli but I know they're much more expensive than my rc trucks.