I am trying to decide which boat i should get. Please help i am new at this.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kjanora10

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I'm getting into boats and i am deciding over 2 boats, the Rage Brushless Black Marlin and the Feilun ft012. Both go about 28 mph so they are better than my first idea of the traxxas Blast.

So you would recommend the blast even though its 10 mph slower? I have no idea how these things work. I only am experienced with rc trucks.

I am probably going to go with the Rage Black Marlin. I am getting it because it will come in a week, its top speed is about 28 mph, and i get all the batterys and charger for a good price of 170$. Does anyone think i am making a bad choice. Plz let me know if you have heard bad things about this boat.

Yep ill let you know.

Also how fast have you getten your blast to go?

Did you redo gearing and motors? Most stock blasts go around 18 max unless you redo them.

Sorry, I could be mistaken. I thought I read that in a magazine somewhere, never clocked it. The boat you are looking at might be a much better choice. I modded up a Catamaran, if you ever graduate to the $600-750 dollar club. Boats by Heisenburg if you want my reviews, posted here.

I might upgrade some day.

I'm in New York so we probably can't meet up. But i will still let you know. Its coming on July 17.

I have the feilun FT011 and at full speed it isn't stable. The boat wobble to left and right, not so nice. Somebody said me that the FT011 works better even if it is smaller :

Is that inherent to VEE boats, or is is the out drive prop set up? My Blast will not turn unless on the throttle. My M41 will turn at drift

Well i got the Rage black marlin and it seems that i made the right choice if you guys are telling the truth?. Its still shipping but i am thinking that it will work nice. It also has alot more stabalizers on the back so i dont think it will wobble like the ft012. It also can go backwards!

I have driven the Rage Black Marlin Brushless boat atleast 10 times. It is super fast and it turns on a dime. I would recomend it if you are looking for a boat that does around 30 mph and are driving it in ponds and lakes(to fast for pools). Make shure you spend the extra 30$ and get the brushless motor. The boat also comes with battery and charger all for 170$.

It also turns at a drift so you dont need to hold the throttle do drive. It also goes backwards.

I had the Traxxas Villain IV as my first boat. Very similar to the Blast but pretty much entry level. Fun, but not much you can do in upgrading.
They're pretty much at their usable limit out of the box. I added water cooling to mine. It seems the Blast already has that.

Back