I am having a big problem with my first engine build 2 cylinder engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Cleasby

RC Newbie
Reaction score
My first engine build and it isn’t going the best. The engine makes a high pitch sound when I turn on the starter motor. Any suggestions as to why? My only idea is when I was putting it together the crankshaft was really tight to fit and it was 0.5 me off the side of the engine. Any help would be much appreciated.

IMG_2840.jpeg

Could the whine be a high torque starter motor?

Id check front crank bearing.a vid with sound might help
This is a link to a Youtube video of what it sounds like hope it helps
Id check front crank bearing.a vid with sound might help
Could the whine be a high torque starter motor?
Not sure but it was the motor that was recommended by the seller and i have seen people use the same on You tube videos but i will look further into it. i appreciate the comment, :)

sounds like starter motor..is there a way to break in bearing with drill or some other way?

This is a link to a Youtube video of what it sounds like hope it helps

Not sure but it was the motor that was recommended by the seller and i have seen people use the same on You tube videos but i will look further into it. i appreciate the comment, :)

That sounds like the starter motor shaft is slipping inside the pulley, maybe tighten / loctite the set screw holding that pulley to the shaft.

Back