Hyperion or Triton?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amoeba

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So tomorrow I'll be heading to the LHS to pick up a bunch of stuff. I'll be getting a bunch of lipo packs for my nitro cars and a 2S hardpack for the new HPI Sprint 2 Drift Sport w/Novak SLYDR 7.5t kit.

Since I'm a n00b to LiPo, I'm willing to shell out the bucks for a top notch charger that is brain-dead simple for LiPo/NiMh/NiCD and have room to grow if I decide to do something like 6S somewhere. I trust the guys at my LHS and they recommended either the Hyperion EOS 6060i or the Triton EX. Of those two, which would you recommend? I know I'll need a balancing board for the Hyperion but that's like only $7.

Just looking for some second opinions or input from people who have either one as to which I should lean towards.

Thanks!

I really like my Thunder Power 1010c. With it I can pretty much charge anything, charges 1-10 cell Lipo packs at rates from 0.25–10A and discharges 1-10 cell Lipo packs at up to 2A. Balancers report data back to the charger. I'm currently running the 205v with mine. I've also upgraded my firmware on the charger...

"The 1010c is amongst the most capable battery charge/maintenance systems available. Capable of up to 10S LiPo and A123 cells, 30 NiCd/MH cells and 24v Pb, it can charge, discharge and cycle batteries and report back full data. It is capable of up to 10 amps (220 watts total) for charging and 2 amps while discharging. And, of course, it can do all this while connected to either a 205V or 210V balancer for “feedback charge/balancing” safety and long battery life."

My choice would have been Hyperion or Duratrax ICE had I not got such a good deal on mine.

Go with the Hyperion 0610iNET . I have one at home and it's sweet. 5 times more charging power (the 0606i does not do well with high capacity packs) and comes with a balancing board.

I have a spare Hyperion EOS7i with LBA10 balancer if you want to buy used. PM if interested.

hyperion. i have the ac/dc one for a small footprint