Hyper 7 TUNING HEADACHE HELP

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bazmanuk

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok so I bought a hyper 7 TQ Sport from a mate with a view to getting back into the hobby (having had many brushless and a couple of nitro Schumachers in the past) I just can't get it running properly I've read the posts about the needle positions and gaps etc and have set it up correctly as far as I'm aware. LSN is 16th out HSN is about 3-5 turns out. Brass screw is flush and at 1 o'clock and when I start it it tends to idle for a while but die as soon as I hit thE throttle. - it just bogs down immediately. now I think it's rich as there's a little fuel coming out the pipe on tick over but I just don't know if it's LSN or the HSN that I need to be tuning. It's running 16% nitro. Help! It seems here in Gloucester there isn't anyone that can point me in the right direction. I'm sure it's just in need of a tweak and I really wanna go bash it :(

If you haven't sealed it, I'd do that first. Are you saying the lsn is set at a 1/16th of a turn open from closed? That doesn't seem right at all.

The previous owner said they had sealed it. Although it might be worth doing it myself. ( which parts do I seal?)
As for the LsN it's 1/16th out from flush id say. Not from all the way in.