hyper 7 21 3 port idle problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumbson

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Finally got hyper 7 to start after sitting for 2 year but has developed a really rough idle it idels really fast even tho the gap is correct and non off the nedals seem to have an effect on the tune or idle I have tested for air leaks and found non anyone got an idear

Sounds like your LSN is too lean. Richen the low end up some that should help with the idle issue.

I have tried rich and lean to the point were the needle is all the way out and in makes little or no diffrence

Remove the LSN needle assembly and thoroughly clean it with new fuel or lacquer thinner. You might also want to replace the O-rings.
More than likely you have old fuel residue stuck in there since it won't adjust.

Ok thanks I will try that and let you no I did try to take the carb off erlia I took out the screw but couldn't remove the carb it was stuck solid is there something else I need to undo or is it just a reali tight fit as it's been in there so long

Carbs off now will clean it tomoz replace the seals refit and try agen hopefully will have a running rc by the weekend

Test the seal on the fuel tank while your at it and all fuel connections,an air leak may be what is happening

Yes I will do I haven't thought to test the fuel tank or lines yet if it there was leak some were I guess that could cause a lean mixture befor the fuel even gets to the carb

Put the cleaned carb back on checked the tank for leaks all good so tried it started up and runs good thanks for all the tips and ideas :thumbs-up:

Cool,glad you have it sorted out bud,keep in touch

Back