Husband and wife project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmie28

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
The wife and I just got these in the mail today. We are using them as a husband wife project. We will both have a truck to build with identical running gear. Should be fun as she wanted a kit to build but scale looking monster truck.
20200511_175004.jpg

Very cool, its awesome your wife wants to get involved. My wife loves hers but she has no desire to build her own...

Nice going be sure to post some updates here, hope you guys enjoy the build must feel great to have your wife participate in the hobby.

It is great. She wasn't sure at first but then she drove my vxl slash and was hooked. This is what we got built last night when she got off work
20200513_070535.jpg

After two days of building we finished the axles and got most of the chassis assembled. All that's left is dropping the transmission in hiking up the motors and attaching the axles and body posts. Shes enjoying the time together and learning how to build one.
20200514_233833.jpg
20200514_233854.jpg

That's an awesome looking body ,love the grimm reaper ,awesome job!.... :thumbs-up:
Thanks. @cbaker65 the only decals are the reaper and the regular details. Blood was done with international harvester red spray paint held at a distance with quick bursts creating the random splatter effect. I think it worked well. My wife's was done using metallic blue backed by solid blue and black. The stars are paint with pearl yellow and backed extremely lightly with solid yellow. They are actually still translucent

Thanks. @cbaker65 the only decals are the reaper and the regular details. Blood was done with international harvester red spray paint held at a distance with quick bursts creating the random splatter effect. I think it worked well. My wife's was done using metallic blue backed by solid blue and black. The stars are paint with pearl yellow and backed extremely lightly with solid yellow. They are actually still translucent

I remember my first body that I painted in the early 90's ,it was a flouresent orange an I did a splatter black where
I altered the spray nozzle with a straw ,the body looked like a tiger!....It looked cool!...

Yours & the wife came out nice!...

My wifes body is this one ,she came up with the design an hand painted it ,but the orange was the wrong type of paint an
needs to be resprayed ,it can be done because it is coming off on its own!

That looks nice. Your right just a respray and itll be good as new. It's what I did with the blue and yellow raptor. The flames started flaking and I remarked the windows and did solid yellow behind the pearl

Bodies take a beating ,I think that I went through 3 of them on my Mgt. ,so I don't get bodies an paint them ,one of
the last body that I bought ,I had it professionaly painted ,it cost me about a $ 150.00 all together!

20200522_222545.jpg
Took it out for the first time and carnage already on mine looking for more speed so at suggestions on gearing would be a great help

Its running a gool rc 60a esc and 3800 kv motor. Stock 14t pinion and 56 t spur gear. I run mainly on 2s as I can't seem to bring myself to the 3s lipos as of yet.

They look fantastic Kimmi. I think it's fantastic you and your wife are able to enjoy the hobby together. you got to watch she's going to be a better painter than you if you're not careful.

Back