Hunting **Warning...Deer pics**

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrClean

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I did a search in GC and couldn't find the hunting thread that someone had posted, not sure how long threads are kept around but anyway, sorry if I missed something in the search. :)

We live on 16 acres and have permission to hunt the additional 40 our neighbors have. It's still bow season and I have no patience for that. My father in law however is retired and loves any kind of hunting. He called me this evening for help locating a buck he shot. I headed out the door to meet him and our lab followed me out the door. We met up with him and my dog started checking out the blood that was on the ground. Last year I tried to get her to track a deer with no luck. I told her 'Sadie, go find it'. She perked up and then started going all over sniffing the ground. At the time I didn't think she was actually doing anything other than just checking out things. I was following the blood trail and I was keeping an eye on her and noticed she kept in the same area as me, going back and forth. She scared up the buck twice, then I realized she was actually tracking it. My father in law and I come around a bend and there she is standing right next to the buck!! She has zero training in hunting/tracking, I know it's natural for labs (she actually 1/2 black lab and 1/2 golden retriever) but I've taken her before and she's never actually tracked like that before. Or maybe she has and I was just too dumb to realize it.:hehe: I was tickled to death to see her do this. I've said she's the best dog I've ever had and now she's even better. She saved us at least an hour trying to find that deer. It's going to be handy from now on.

Here's a picture of her and my father in law with his buck.
PA230011.jpg

I went hunting for Doe today and only saw one buck.. had a nice clear shot at it but i couldnt becuase it was a buck, I'm going back out tomorow after school again

There is another guy who bow hunts out here and he said there was a 14 pointer crossing the pasture. Luckily it didn't get close enough for him to shoot it:D I'm hoping it'll be around in about 3 weeks when rifle season starts.

Dude nice deer. But let me say it, Nice dog man. That is a great combo, 2 of the best breeds around, and mixed. I love golden retrivers, mines 15 and still gets around mostly sleeps, but hes a good old boy lol.

This is what happens when your dog steals your photo op while hunting....
image001.jpg

Dude nice deer. But let me say it, Nice dog man. That is a great combo, 2 of the best breeds around, and mixed. I love golden retrivers, mines 15 and still gets around mostly sleeps, but hes a good old boy lol.

Thanks! I've had 3 dogs in my life and she is by far the one I've bonded with the most. She's 2 1/2 now and I've said for awhile that she's the best dog I've ever had, last night just confirmed it even more.
Friends of the family breed the labs and retrievers, they mixed by accident on one occasion and the result was a litter of 4 pups. She was kept with her brother for a year by another friend of the family and both dogs were too much for them (they were an older couple that traveled a lot) so we took her and I haven't regretted it for one second. Even when she completely torn the back of the door off our bathroom, apparently it's not a good idea to put a dog that likes to chew in a confined space with a hollow-core door.:hehe:

welp I'm leaving now to go Doe hunting with a 30 30 wish me luck guys!

There was a guy up here that shot a 23 pointer. just caught a snip on the news and didnt get to see the actual report. some nice deer up there guys ^^^ I'm more of a duck guy myself though.

I LOVE HUNTING! Unfortunitly, life had to be the horrible b*tch that it is and take my hunting partner. Nuce buch mr clean, unfortunatly, your truck can't say the same...

Back