Hump pack recharging in truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAMTech-RC

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I bought a new hump pack for my Savage. Taking it in and out seems to be a hassle. Do you guys charge in the truck with some kind of Y harness or something??

I don't have a Savage, but I had the same issue in my Maxx. I bought a female Tamiya plug with wires from my LHS. Then I drilled 2 holes in the top of my battery box the same size as the wire. Slipped both + and - wires through and then soldered them to the + and - that the battery leads are soldered to. Packed it all in and screwed it down. Now I have a Tamiya plug sitting on top of my battery box that I just plug my charger into...

OK, thats what I figured. Just solder jumper wires to the hump pack wires.

:confused: Huh??? I bought a new on/off switch for my savage 25 that has an extra lead coming off it for charging, I just used a small file to notch a groove big enough for the wires to fit thru the box without worrying about them being cut, then used liguid rubber dip to make it water tight at the notch..........I'll have to look for the packing that the switch came in to give you a brand name and p/n if you are interested................

Yeah, I have the first generation 21. If you can find the part number, I'd appreciate it.

Sure thing, I'll go look for it now..............hey those are some killer looking rims on your site BTW

Yup, same thing I have......Futaba switch harness/charge cord p/n FUTSWH13

Thanks, that is what I htought someone had. Looks like alot of stuff to get into the receiver bay though.

Actually it fits quiet well in there, sure there is a little more wiring, but if you wind it or wrap it, it fits really good and no probs closing and clipping the rx box........charging couldn't be any easier!

RamTech: I got a hump pack off ebay for my savages that really works slick. it has a lead that goes into your receiver pack and another that comes out and you plug a charger right into it. I installed it in my trucks then cut a hole in the top of my receiver cover and stuck the charger connector right out the hole, thus eliminating the need to take the cover off. I get about 9 to 10 hours of continous run time before recharging. I can get you the sellers name if you like it reallly is a slick setup Steve

OK, I'll look at that hump pack as well. I haven't taken the other hump pack out of the packaging yet.