Hump pack prefrence?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vbgagnon

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey guys, I'm looking at a venom hump pack for my ride, its a 1200mah. My question is...Is there a big difference between packs? Like ie onlybatterypacks.com and venom and ofna? I'm kinda clueless about the whole battery thing...

For hump packs, I have used several different brands and havent found much difference except the price.

I'm sure there are others that may have a different opinion. I always keep them charged. I Put them away full and top them off before use and have never had one fail.

Dont just take my word for it, others may have had different experiences.

I found a venom for 12.00 +1.49 shipping. I couldn't say no to that...

I've got two "onlybatterypacks.com" brand ones.. ill let you know.. (there new)

Well Most battery packs are the same until you start changing the mah rating. I have found that my 1200mah doesn't last as long as my 2500Mah pack. Not sure how long but both were charged on the same charger at the same rate.

well a 2500 should last longer.. on the same load.. but it should also take longer to charge..

1200mah (mah = milli amp hours..) if your truck draws 200mah then the pack should last 6 hours and if your charging with a 100 mah charger it should take 12 hours to charge..
the 2500 pack should last 12.5 hours on a 200 mah load.. and take 25 hours to recharge on a 100 mah charger.. (100 mah charger is used for comparison.. that is the size of the charger that came with the packs i ordered, a peak charger will do this alot faster and is better for the battery pack..)

beason said:
well a 2500 should last longer.. on the same load.. but it should also take longer to charge..

1200mah (mah = milli amp hours..) if your truck draws 200mah then the pack should last 6 hours and if your charging with a 100 mah charger it should take 12 hours to charge..
the 2500 pack should last 12.5 hours on a 200 mah load.. and take 25 hours to recharge on a 100 mah charger.. (100 mah charger is used for comparison.. that is the size of the charger that came with the packs i ordered, a peak charger will do this alot faster and is better for the battery pack..)
Granted it will take longer but I have charged them at the same rate and then just charge them agein. It keeps me checking on them so I don't overcharge them or they overheat for some odd reason. I am anal with things like that. I want to make sure that my money isn't burnt up.

yea i really need to get a peak charger.. that way it will shut off when its done and not "burn up" my money lol wish i could afford a 2500 mah pack but MAN there expencive..

beason said:
yea i really need to get a peak charger.. that way it will shut off when its done and not "burn up" my money lol wish i could afford a 2500 mah pack but MAN there expencive..
33 bucks manat only batterypacks.com. That was months ago.

really.. my 1200 hump was 24.. but thats with charger..

The last time I checked those 6V 2000+ mAh packs did not fit in the stock battery box and they had to be tied to the shock tower. The packs that fit in the battery box make for a neater install.

rossb said:
The last time I checked those 6V 2000+ mAh packs did not fit in the stock battery box and they had to be tied to the shock tower. The packs that fit in the battery box make for a neater install.
I checked before and they can come in different configurations...My hump fits in the savage Radio box.

Back